Originally posted by: vid_hurry

Hi, I'd like to know if anyone knows where I can download the following books:

Avalon High by Meg Cabot
Key of Light by Nora Roberts
Key of Knowledge by Nora Roberts
Key of Valour by Nora Roberts

Thank you :)

Hi,

Well, downloading books online is illegal and we don't support any such thing on IF, so any downloadable likes can't be provided on IF.

However, there are some sites where you can pay and then read the books and that's perfectly legal.  I have never done that, but I'll look into it and let you know if I find anything useful.

-Mahi
shellytt thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
Originally posted by: -Mystery-

Hi Shelly,

Yep Slumdog Millionaire is based on Q&A by Vikas Swarup.

I have read the book, and I wouldn't say it's commendable, but it's a good read.  Many of the things that the protagonist goes through feel real if you know anything about the Southeast Asia.  His struggles to survive, insights of the character, learning process make it even more insteresting read.

However, there were a few things I wasn't so comfortable with, but then again I guess that's the aim of the author - makes you challenge your ideas/self. 

If you love books, I suggest you read it - it brings the true struggles both external and internal of the person to light.

It's nothing like the movie.  The format is quite the same relating to the Quiz Show but most of the situations, even the names of the characters and their relationships are different.

-Mahi

Thanks alot Mahi. I'll give the book a try (if I can find it, so far I haven't been able to get it, over here)
-Mystery- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Originally posted by: shellytt

Thanks alot Mahi. I'll give the book a try (if I can find it, so far I haven't been able to get it, over here)

You're most welcome, Shelly! I usually go to my University Store and check out the new books and/or the bestseller collection etc and there I found it.  All the best, I hope you find it soon.

-Mahi
vid_hurry thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: -Mystery-

Hi,

Well, downloading books online is illegal and we don't support any such thing on IF, so any downloadable likes can't be provided on IF.

However, there are some sites where you can pay and then read the books and that's perfectly legal.  I have never done that, but I'll look into it and let you know if I find anything useful.

-Mahi

Thank you😊
-Precious thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 14 years ago
I would like to read jane austen's pride and prejudice

i just wanted to confirm the age group itzz aimed at???
LabRat34 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Maryam.U

I would like to read jane austen's pride and prejudice

i just wanted to confirm the age group itzz aimed at???

Not too sure about the age groups...their teenage years were very different to ours...but I first read the book  at 14 and loved it....though I only realised its true potenial much after.

Its a book youll read over and over...wont matter what age you are really.
-Precious thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: LabRat34

Not too sure about the age groups...their teenage years were very different to ours...but I first read the book  at 14 and loved it....though I only realised its true potenial much after.

Its a book youll read over and over...wont matter what age you are really.

thankss!!

well i'll start it at 15 😳
aparnac thumbnail
Hi i wanted to know, if i can suggest a site where we can get some Agatha Christie's novels online.  its a great site.. if you say i can suggest, i will give the site address😊 Edited by aparnac - 14 years ago
-Mystery- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Originally posted by: aparnac

Hi i wanted to know, if i can suggest a site where we can get some Agatha Christie's novels online.  its a great site.. if you say i can suggest, i will give the site address😊

Depends on what kind of site it is.  Reading books online for free is illegal because of the copyright issues and we don't support anything illegal.

But if it's a website that allows for membership and you have pay part of which goes to the author, then it's allowed because that's legal.

-Mahi
aparnac thumbnail
fine then leave it.... i havent paid any member ship fees and it didnt look like any of those forums where they post the novels illegaly... 😊

i will enjoy my reading anyways....😃