ar78655 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
Meet Sarkar's Raj

The character of Sanjay Somji in Sarkar Raj played by T.V.actor Rajesh Shringarpure is said to be inspired by Raj Thackeray.

Says Rajesh, "I can't say my character is similar to Raj. Let the audience decide it after the film's release. I play a very ambitious, shrewd politician who is always against the Nagre family. The character is very raw with a lot of drama involved."

On his experience of working with Amitabh, he says, "Frankly speaking he is a school of acting. Most of my scenes are with Amitji so during my first day I was nervous. But it is good to be nervous as it gives you the strength to perform well. But I had never imagined that I would get a chance to work with the shehanshah of Bollywood."

He further adds, "Though the film looks very intense off-screen we used to have good timepass with all co-actors including Amitji."

Before Sarkar Raj, Rajesh Shringarpure had acted in serials like Saarthi, Sangam. He also played a character of a ghost in serial called Sahib, Biwi Aur Gulam. This actor came into prominence when he played 12 different characters in a regional film.