The negativity towards Twilight?

Dark Love thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
I get pretty disappointed when people go, "You like those books?" with a I'm-gonna-make-a-weird-face-at-her-but-I'll-try-not-to-be-to -subtle-with-my-disappointment look.

A friend of mine thinks the book is pretty childish, not that well-written Bella's pretty dumb, and Edward's nonexistence and unrealistic character bothers her. So she doesn't like the series.

What are the views of Twilight fans on this? Does Edward's nonexistence ever bother you?

Should Bella grow up already?

I think the book's pretty perfect, I'm a teenager so it's nothing childish or too mature for me, I think it's perfectly written.

Do you get disappointed when you realize that your friends/acquaintances are against Twilight?

Do you know many people who've read and loved the series?

I'm really curious to see the answers for this one!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

noodles thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Yes I know what you mean. πŸ˜› Thankfully, most people I know don't really know about the book so they don't care. It looks good when you're reading those thick books and they see. πŸ˜†

My sister makes fun of me by saying "so have you finished reading that vampire love story?" πŸ˜†
illuminated. thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Well..I havent come through anyone who doesnt like the book...But actually I got some of my mom's friends kids into reading this book aswell!!

Edward's nonexistence definitely doesnt bother me..I think he is very real!! πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

Do tell your friend on my behalf...PLEASE...The book is VERY well-written!! πŸ˜ƒ πŸ˜‰

Twilight ROCKS! πŸ˜ƒ πŸ˜‰
pinkbubblez thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
edward's non-existance doesnt bother me 😳
but i dont like bella...me and my friends think that stephanie meyer should have done a better job writing her character πŸ˜›
and yepp...i know people that read and like the books...made alot of my friends and cousins read itπŸ˜† πŸ˜†
noodles thumbnail
What do you guy's mean by Edward's non existence? πŸ˜• Is there something I missed out? I haven't read all of the 3rd
pinkbubblez thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
^^ noooooodlesss 😳...i think she meant the way hes not human 😳...hes like a mythical creature πŸ˜›
noodles thumbnail
Ooh ok. I thought there's another unraveled mystery I have yet to get to in the book. πŸ˜†
illuminated. thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Nope Noodles..U havent missed anyting.. πŸ˜† πŸ˜†
BengaliChica92 thumbnail
LOL...Soo far everyone that I know that read the books LOVES em!!
Twilight is one of the Best Sellers!!
Very lil ppl who feels that way!! Edited by BengaliChica92 - 15 years ago
Dark Love thumbnail
@ Noodles: LMAO πŸ˜†

@ Pinkbubblez: Bella's pretty slow sometimes πŸ˜†

@ Snighda: Lucky, a lot of people I know haven't read em. But I get so surprised when I meet those who love em, like in world studies the other day, it turns out my whole group had read the series and we were talking about it through the whole lecture πŸ˜†