•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 15 years ago

I am paanchvi fail: Shah Rukh Khan

Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan on Friday said that he took the blame for the dipping TRPs of his television show 'Kya Aap Paanchvi Pass Se Tez Hain' because he was the biggest attraction on it and did not become attractive enough to get the desired eye balls.
"Even in my films, it is said that it will get a good opening because I am there. If I consider the same yardstick, a star of my calibre should have brought enough audiences before the television set. If there is no opening and lack of appeal for the show despite my presence, then I think I am responsible. But, I do my best whatever I can do creatively," Shah Rukh said while interacting with a select group of journalists on the sets of 'Paanchvi Pass' at film city in suburban Mumbai.

However, he defended his decision to do the show because it was educative and he liked being in the company of children. "May be the format was not appealing, but we were blinded by the original format ('Are you smarter than A fifth grader')",says SRK.

"There are no options for a question on this show. This brings loneliness where as giving options sees involvement of more than one person. Some have not liked that the contestant at the time of dropping out of the contest, being asked to say that "Hum paanchvi pass se tez nahi hain" (I am not smarter than a fifth grader).

The actor wondered why should there be a problem with the statement because it is not meant to show disrespect.

"Grown-ups forget that it is okay not to know everything. They don't realise the beauty of saying I don't know something," he said.

plz comment
fishing for compliments as usual
Hotah hain!! Koi baat nahi. Filmmoh mein thoh aap PhD hain Dr. Shah Rukh Khan Bhai 
its ok if u r not paanchvi pass Se Tez we still luv u 😃
aww jaanu donnt take that blame on ur self .ur the main reason we watch that show we love hun all the best 😳 😳
Aww he should not blame himself shows good i am sure it will pick up.