Sports/Cricket

My experience at Wankhede (CSKV/S Punjab)

ashi_mania thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 15 years ago
Well hi everyone this is my 1st post here.....n me making this post coz I had been to the Wankhede stadium in Mumbai to watch the Semi final yest πŸ˜³ and I thought I should share my experience with uπŸ˜›....hope u all enjoy reading it

Well though I was supporting Punjab but I have to say.....that the crowd there was pretty much neutral since Mumbai wasnt playing....all they wanted was good cricket.....and we all cheered for everything.....be it a good shot by the Kings Eleven or the CSK......everytime a shot was played or a wicket was snatched......everyone would jump off their seats n start screaming

There was sooo much of a noise that u actually 4get which team u r supporting n start screaming n shouting for anything n everything......the shouts n the screams r certainly contagious πŸ˜†......so much so that the unbearable heat of Mumbai also becomes bearable for those 3 hours

Fortunately for me since I was supporting the Kings Eleven.....I was seated right behind the Kings Eleven cheer leaders πŸ˜ƒ.....n my entire stand had way too many Kings Eleven supporters.....infact at both times while entering as well as while leaving the stadium.....I could see quite a few ppl wearing the Kings Eleven T-shirt😳......quite a few who had purposely dressed in something red n white to lend their support to them😳.....though there were quite a few others too who were wearing the Mumbai Indians T-shirt and some wearing the Indian Team ka T-shirt.....surprisingly amidst so much crowd I couldnt spot anyone wearing the CSK T-shirt πŸ˜•

Now coming on to the match......like I said everything was cheered for......even b4 a ball is bowled there were so many shouts n screams........everytime an Indian came to bowl or bat there was sooo much cheer with his name.....esp Yuvi n also when Pathan was given the 1st over

Though it seemed there was a lot of hatred against Sreesanth after his sad episode with Bhajji n I dunno whether this was shown on TV or no but after this 1st over......when it was time for him to bowl the 2nd over.....Yuvi came upto Sreesanth n took the ball from him.....though Sreesanth really wanted to bowl that over but Yuvi was adamant not to give it to him.......n the crowd suddenly started screaming " Royega bhai royega sreesant royega " πŸ˜†

The players whom I could spot most of the times with my naked eye were Muralitharan n Yuvi but the players closest to the stand where I was sitting were Gony, Raina and VRV Singh.

Everytime they came close to the stands there was a lot of cheer with their names.....n both Gony n Raina were sporting enough to wave to the crowdπŸ˜ƒ
I have to add that all 3 of them r really very very fair.

Preity Zinta was sitting right opposite to my stand......n I could spot her with my Binoculars 😳😳 n that was surely a citi moment of success for me πŸ˜‰ coz she is my fav actress n the main reason I was there at the Wankhede for this very match was her😳😳.....this is something I will never 4get everπŸ˜ƒ

The other ppl who were the show stealers were the Cheer Leaders....I tell u all these Uncles as well as all these youngsters.....more than taking pix of the cricketers they were all busy clicking pix of the cheer leaders πŸ˜†πŸ˜†.

Am sure u all dont know this but after every over while u guys watch the ads on TV what happens in the stadium is that once they will play the CSK ka special music n then the next over they play the Kings Eleven ka special music.....n everytime it is played the respective cheer leaders start dancing to their song n none of the guys missed recording those dances πŸ˜‰
And the over after that they play a special music not related to either of the teams but its groovy n foot tapping for sure n everyone in the crowd really starting dancing everytime it was played......like I said the heat goes for a toss......the team u support doesnt matter anymore.........all u do is enjoy the game of cricket.......n I had a gala time at the stadium.......its an experience I will never ever 4get all my life.......n I am waiting to experience this once again....some time really soon......coz it feels like I have become addicted to it πŸ˜†......take my word of advice guys.....if u get a chance do go and watch a match at the stadium live.....u will love it and thoroughly enjoy it πŸ˜ƒ

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

nsheena thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
wow!! seems like u had a lot of fun! u r soo lucky!!! wish the finals were held in chennai...
lol.. the cheerleaders seem to hav surpassed the cricketers in popularity πŸ˜‰ hope nxt yr, i get to see the ipl finals live.. 😳
thanks for tellin us of ur experience.. m really jealous though πŸ˜›
v glad CSK won.. am so in love with Gony and Ntini!! 😍 πŸ˜‰
Star_on_earth thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
wow!! ^ that sounds cool!! πŸ‘

i havent been to a stadium ever...but ur experience seems exciting....sp. the incidents that r not shown on tv..lol...loved the sreeshant part.. πŸ˜† πŸ˜† and with the music of both the teams playing it surely must have been an experience not to be forgotton!! πŸ˜ƒ

sim_indian thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
WOW!!...lucky you!!..
i have never been to match cause there are never any in Canada..which sucks!
but looks like u had a very nice experiance, and i wish i could've been there πŸ˜†
lol..im jealous too..lol.but glad u had fun!
Mrs.Brett Lee thumbnail

I am feeling..envious..lolz😳..Wow..u r chooooo lucky.....tht u saw the match...I hv never seen a match unless n until u count all dose boring Ranji matches..man tht tym i never watched cricket..n I dont even no whom did I c...I always wanted to c an IPL match..nt I am sure if Br8 ws still playing here I wud hv gone for sure..😳bt Br8 left😑😑😭..

Ashita I no...lolz..Punjab lost...bt yeah kudos to Chennai for playing wellπŸ‘πŸ‘n u cud hv taken me to watch the match dearπŸ˜³πŸ˜‰ n hey Priety is my favourite actress as well...πŸ˜›..n u saw..Uv..lolz..how ws he luking??😳..

I actually sort of lyk Chennai Super Kings ke cheerleaders ke outfit..😳..n hey did u also record the cheerleader's dance as well?πŸ˜‰..n whom did u go wid lolz??silly question lolz..n btw HOW EXPENSIVE WS THE TICKET???Ok me asking dis..cuz the prize..ws lyk..Rs 2000 n all..lolz....

Btw wen everytime all Punjab wickets were falling down..den were u feeling tensed??...While watching the match..I ws saying"Oh shit"...or"What the heck"hehehe..wen all the wickets were falling down..😳..n hey u cud hv cum on to the TV if u cud hv got a banner lyk"Thr's no excitement in IPL widout Br8 n prietyπŸ˜†"..lolz..u cud hv done thtπŸ˜‰.

It's shocking tht no1 wore CSK's shirts...or maybe u dint notice..Beware-"U need glassesπŸ˜†πŸ˜‰"..n hey ws Priety luking gud??lolz..n even after deir loss ws she showering her kisses to the players..πŸ˜‰πŸ˜³..

i am asking too many questions bt yeah u are a very very very lucky gal..yaar..n next time make sure..u take me along wid u..πŸ˜‰πŸ˜³..

N i suppose..I hv written enuff..bt u no na now it's becum my habit to write big posts..lolz😊

SolidSnake thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us anvesha rulz. It was a fascinating read for us, many of whom have never been to a stadium. πŸ‘