•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 18 years ago
Gauri-Hiten to move into own house
   By: Vickey Lalwani
   September 26, 2005

Gauri Pradhan and husband Hiten Tejwani
Hiten Tejwani and Gauri Pradhan (Karan and Nandini of Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi), arguably the hottest couple on Indian television, have realised their first dream after marriage.

Six months from now, the couple will shift into a flat of their own. Right now, the pati-patni live in rented accommodation — a two-BHK on the third floor of Galaxy Apartments, Juhu-Versova Link Road.

All leaks plugged

Their new apartment is in the Palm Court Complex, on Link Road, Malad. "We will be living up on the fifth floor, G wing. It's a lovely flat, three-BHK. It has a view of an elevated garden below. We booked it about a year ago.

The complex housing the couple's new home
Since it is a Raheja construction, I can soundly put my head on the pillow every night that there'll be no leakages; this season with the rain wreaking havoc in Mumbai, leakages have become too common," says the former Miss India contestant.

The couple is shifting for two reasons. One, they wanted their own flat. Two, they needed more room; the new flat measures 1,365 square feet.

"My parents stay in Borivli, while Gauri's parents are in Pune. They will definitely be coming to stay with us on and off," says Hiten, who has done several modelling assignments, besides acting in Krishna Cottage and Joggers' Park.

Before marriage, Gauri shared a flat with TV actress and friend Mayuri Kango, in Oshiwara. After marriage, the three of them stayed in the same flat for a while. "They had independent rooms; I shifted into Gauri's room," says Hiten. Some time later, the couple moved to Galaxy Apartments.

Budget mein fit

Hiten says Gauri was the one who chose Palm Court. "At first, we were looking in Lokhandwala Complex. Then we thought we needed to cut down on travelling. The Palm Court Complex is just 10 minutes from our usual shooting places, Sankraman and Indiclay studios in Goregaon.

We can also drop in for lunch whenever the schedule permits. We also saw a few flats near Inorbit Mall, lekin baat bani nahin. Some of them were beyond our budget," says Hiten.

Says Gauri, the daughter of a retired army major, "Lokhandwala has become too crowded. I wanted somewhere peaceful."

Swimming shy

"Palm Court has club facilities and a swimming pool," Hiten says excitedly. Do they swim after having become celebrities? "Not in India," laughs Hiten. "But we did go for a swim in Bangkok when we went there to celebrate our first wedding anniversary."

While Hiten also plays Yug Mittal in Balaji's Kkavyanjali (Star Plus), Gauri is a tough cop in UTV's Special Squad (Star One).

[email protected]

wow that gr88888888888888. 👏 atleast they have moved to their own flat. 👏 congrats to both of them.

thats their private business.
we see them on tv and least interested in titbits of their private life.