Death Eaters - Stupid or Scared?

Morgoth thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago

I've been wondering about this for sometime...

The main goal of Lord Voldemort is to destroy all half-blood and muggle-born wizards because his Dad left his mom (Salazar Slytherin's granddaughter?) when he found out that she was a witch. Jo Rowling has clearly specified that Voldy is a psychopath who has forgotten the difference b/w good and evil.

But, what about the Death Eaters? They are all pure-blood wizards and they are fighting under the leadership of a HALF-BLOOD! Do they know about Voldy's half-blood status or are they merely ignorant of the fact?

Is it possible that Voldy has been lying to them about being Pure-blooded? When Harry duelled with Death eater Bellatrix Lestrange in OoTP, he mocked her about her leader being a half-blood and she told him to shut up angrily...as if she was furious at him for telling an enormous lie...

Or could it be that they know about Voldy and are merely afraid of him (Like Wormtail)? Or are they so hell bent on preserving the "purest" blood that they will accept any leader who is willing to destroy muggles (Eg: Lucius Malfoy)?

What reason do you guys think applies to majority of the Death Eaters? Do they know about Voldy or are they ignorant?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

_Anonymous_ thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Hunger for power?...like here's an example...Hitler...he had brown hair and brown eyes but told the Nazi to kill anyone who didn't have blond hair, blue eyes

Voldemort....Hypocrite? or just the excuse he has Salazar Slytherin's blood that makes him ruthless

*Anjali* thumbnail

great topic, Mystica 👏  I think they are ignorant---they can't really think or see anyone/anything, but rather have to inhale deeply to sense their environment.  However, they do have some sense of rationality in that they are able to follow their leader, Voldy, very loyally.  They are loyal to him, but can turn on him at any point and possibly might especially if they get wind of a truth that they don't know about...they kind of remind me of the Orcs in LOTR...dumb and loyal, but can turn on their leader too.

Morgoth thumbnail

[quote=anjali308]they kind of remind me of the Orcs in LOTR...dumb and loyal, but can turn on their leader too.[/quote]

Great comparison, Anju!

They must be really stupid or under the Imperius curse. 🤢

alia thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

this thing about voldy being a half blood and killing the muggleborns and all cos his dad betrayed his mom and also the fact tht the death eaters are ignorant to the truth reminds me of the main hoo naa track where khan is ignorant of raagvansh being the enemy of pakistan cos he thinks they killed his son.😆

wht do u guys think??

Morgoth thumbnail
Good point, Alia...Both Voldy and Raaghvan were mental!
Tani91 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
but arent death eaters men in big long cloaks