Sirius POV - FF -New Update - Pg 5

Posted: 15 years ago

Hi everyone,

Your kind words for James Potter POV, have encouraged me to attempt another FF.  I hope you like this one. If you have any ideas which you would like me to write about in this or my other FF, please let me know and I'll try to comply.

This FF is about Sirius POV, so I hope you enjoy!

I must have been switched at birth. That has to be the only explanation why I am a part of this family. The healers at St. Mungo's had made a mistake and put him with the wrong wizard family! These thoughts ran through Sirius' head as he had to sit through another interminable family dinner with the entire Black clan.

The dark haired, fair skin boy who looked so much like his father that it was impossible to believe that he belonged anywhere but the Black family, was sulking at the dinner table, at the celebration meant for him and his acceptance at Hogwarts. The elderly matriarch of the family, his grandmother was at the moment intoning the family with the nobilities of the House of Slytherin and of the Black family's honour in it.

Since Sirius had received that first letter saying he was accepted into Hogwarts ( not that it was unexpected), he had been bombarded with stories of this uncle and that aunt, and his great great grand uncle and his even greater than great, second cousin on his mothers side. The common link between all of these relatives was that they were all regal and time honoured members of the House of Salazar Slytherin at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

Sirius was becoming resigned to the fact that he would have to follow in his family's footsteps and become another 'great' Slytherin. But he didn't want to. That was the bottom line. No matter what Great Grand Uncle Roger did, Sirius was as intent not to get into Slytherin as his family was intent on him getting into Slytherin.

Aside from the forgone conclusion that his family expected that he would be in Slytherin, he was also repeatedly being reminded of his pure blood status and the responsibilities that it carried. He was constantly being reminded that to befriend anyone who was not pure blood was a disgrace of the Black family name. It was his responsibility to continue the tradition and honour of the family. For any eleven year old boy, this may have been too much, but for Sirius, who had grown up with these doctrines, it was the norm.

Bidding goodnight to the family at the end of dinner was a salvation for Sirius. He indicated that he had last minute preparations to see to before he left tomorrow for Hogwarts. With anticipation and dread in his heart, Sirius proceeded up the staircase to his room. On the landing he saw his brother Regulus sitting there eager it seemed for some of the attention that Sirius had been receiving since July. Pausing for a minute he studied his brother and a chill went up his spine at something in Regulus's eyes.

Sirius went into his room. Checking to ensure that his belongings were packed for his school year ahead, he dressed for bed. Laying there, looking up at the ceiling of his room, Sirius felt as though he was on the threshold of great adventures and wondered what lay ahead for him at Hogwarts.

The next part I think will focus on him meeting James and the Sorting- after that I'm open to ideas please!😳😊

Edited by shellytt - 15 years ago
yahooo!! i'm the first to review! as always, it's awesome! continue soon! 😃
👏 👏

great!.....mindblowing!
Originally posted by shellytt

Hi everyone,

Your kind words for James Potter POV, have encouraged me to attempt another FF.  I hope you like this one. If you have any ideas which you would like me to write about in this or my other FF, please let me know and I'll try to comply.

This FF is about Sirius POV, so I hope you enjoy!

I must have been switched at birth. That has to be the only explanation why I am a part of this family. The healers at St. Mungo's had made a mistake and put him with the wrong wizard family! These thoughts ran through Sirius' head as he had to sit through another interminable family dinner with the entire Black clan.

The dark haired, fair skin boy who looked so much like his father that it was impossible to believe that he belonged anywhere but the Black family, was sulking at the dinner table, at the celebration meant for him and his acceptance at Hogwarts. The elderly matriarch of the family, his grandmother was at the moment intoning the family with the nobilities of the House of Slytherin and of the Black family's honour in it.

Since Sirius had received that first letter saying he was accepted into Hogwarts ( not that it was unexpected), he had been bombarded with stories of this uncle and that aunt, and his great great grand uncle and his even greater than great, second cousin on his mothers side. The common link between all of these relatives was that they were all regal and time honoured members of the House of Salazar Slytherin at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

Sirius was becoming resigned to the fact that he would have to follow in his family's footsteps and become another 'great' Slytherin. But he didn't want to. That was the bottom line. No matter what Great Grand Uncle Roger did, Sirius was as intent not to get into Slytherin as his family was intent on him getting into Slytherin.

Aside from the forgone conclusion that his family expected that he would be in Slytherin, he was also repeatedly being reminded of his pure blood status and the responsibilities that it carried. He was constantly being reminded that to befriend anyone who was not pure blood was a disgrace of the Black family name. It was his responsibility to continue the tradition and honour of the family. For any eleven year old boy, this may have been too much, but for Sirius, who had grown up with these doctrines, it was the norm.

Bidding goodnight to the family at the end of dinner was a salvation for Sirius. He indicated that he had last minute preparations to see to before he left tomorrow for Hogwarts. With anticipation and dread in his heart, Sirius proceeded up the staircase to his room. On the landing he saw his brother Regulus sitting there eager it seemed for some of the attention that Sirius had been receiving since July. Pausing for a minute he studied his brother and a chill went up his spine at something in Regulus's eyes.

Sirius went into his room. Checking to ensure that his belongings were packed for his school year ahead, he dressed for bed. Laying there, looking up at the ceiling of his room, Sirius felt as though he was on the threshold of great adventures and wondered what lay ahead for him at Hogwarts.

The next part I think will focus on him meeting James and the Sorting- after that I'm open to ideas please!😳😊

👏👏

luved it

hey its awsm do write the next part soon n its really gr8
Thanks everyone 😳

Will try to update soon
Hi Everyone, Here's the update, hope you enjoy! 😊

The Hogwarts Express

The train was teeming with students. Some looked a little dazed at everything around them, first years like himself; Sirius thought and some were avidly talking with friends and recounting their holidays. Looking for a free compartment in which to settle for the ride, Sirius came upon another boy of around eleven sitting by himself in the compartment. Deciding to join this boy who had black unruly hair and who wore spectacles, would turn out to be a most significant decision.

Sirius introduced himself to the young boy, whose named turned out to be James, and both soon became engrossed in a discussion about England's chances next year in the Quidditch World Cup. Both boys sadly agreed that the chances of a victory were slim for the team. During this conversation, Sirius realized that being a Black didn't seem to be important. What lay ahead for him at Hogwarts would be an adventure of his own making, and the noose of his family's suppression need not play a significant role in what he would turn out to be.

The Sorting

Walking into the Great Hall was an experience that no one could have prepared him for. Staring in wonderment, at the enchanted ceiling, at the four House tables, at the head table which held all the teachers was amazing. Sirius tried looking everywhere at once. He noticed the Ghosts as they floated through the tables, he noticed two professors excitedly discussing a topic, and finally his eyes fell on a tall stool, where sat the Sorting Hat. This moment in time would determine his destiny Sirius thought, for he knew what the Hat's purpose was for. Soon the seam of the Hat opened and it began its song, followed by the actual Sorting. As his name was called to place the Hat on his head, the Hat that was to determine his destiny, he made a defiant choice.

Slowly the Sorting Hat was lowered and a voice in his head, that came from this hat began its taunt. Another Black, I see, cunning and pure, the Hat said. Tradition must be upheld, but wait, what is this I hear, a choice? A request from A Black?
Anything but Slytherin? But why? The hat continued its dialogue that none but Sirius could hear. So be it then, greatness awaits you in "GRIFFINDOR". The last world erupted from the Hat, and a smiling and vastly pleased Sirius, headed not for the snake but for the lion, and took the first step of distancing himself from his legacy.
yahooo!!!! first to review again! 😆 😆 well... this was a brilliant part.... continue as soon as possible! 👏 👍🏼
wonderful!......i luved dis part very much......!... 👏 👏 ...
wow sooooooo good
plz cont soon
👏