Mera Sasural ending soon

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 15 years ago

Mera Sasural goes kaput
Barely four months after it was launched, Sacchitanand production's first soap Mera Sasural is coming to an end.

Confirming the news, writer and producer Anjana Sood says, "The decision to pull off the show was taken yesterday. The lead actress Urmila Kanetkar couldn't give us enough dates thus we were left with no option but to call off the show."

But couldn't they find Urmila's replacement? Anjana replies, "Finding a replacement would have called for promotional expenses. Besides, I feel the time slot (7.30 pm) also didn't work in our favour."

It's not all loss for Anjana as they will be producing a new show for the same channel. "We're pulling off Mera Sasural but producing a new show for Sahara One. That was the agreement with the channel. However, the new show wouldn't be in the same time slot. Plus, it will have an entire new star cast," she signs off.

That,s what I read and copy it for you 😭

this show was very very good. simple and effective. Omi and heer's chemistry was very very good. I do not think it was a wise decision to pull such a good show off, but i guess they know best.
I can't believe their pulling it off! Slowly, it was starting to pick up! And with Heer pregnant now it would have been even more interesting. This is very sad I liked this show, and I agree the chemistry was awesome! Edited by tanu001 - 15 years ago
Does anybody know when it is finishing?
i did not think it was finishing so soon, they should have made heer live happily ever after rather then killing her. It was kind of heart breaking to see her dead.I was in love with this serial but I did not like the end.
How is it possible,I nvr imagined date problem can be so big......
i really did not like the show the way they ended it. One week heer got married and next week she got pregnant and died. Did not make sense at all. I really really think this was a wonderful simple concept show. I do not know about other people but i have been living in canada for the last 30 years, i really like the simple look of the show. Other serial what they show is not reality.