KA Articles Archive - Page 5

Posted: 18 years ago
Dandiya with the Viranis
   By: A hitList Correspondent
   September 19, 2005

Kkavya and Prerna (Eijaz Khan and Shweta Tiwari)     
On October 2, Star Plus is bringing together stars from Indian television to brighten up Navratri.

The Viranis of Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi, the first family of Indian television, will be hosting this mega dandiya raas celebration, which will air on October 2 from 7 to 9 pm.

Viewers will see their favourite stars dancing to the rhythmic beats of the dandiya raas in the best of
Ba (Sudha Shivpuri)     
ghagra-cholis and fine clothes. Says Shailja Kejriwal, senior creative director, Star India, "Star Plus has become a part of every home.

While our stars have been entertaining viewers with their memorable performances on screen, this festival season we bring our stars to your drawing rooms to celebrate Navratri with you.

Festivals have become an important part of Star Plus' events — be it celebrating Holi or capturing the magic of Diwali, viewers have enjoyed the participation of stars in the festivities."

[email protected]

What the stars will perform

Kesar (Nandini Singh)     
Rishi, Sasha, Swayam flirt with Tulsi, Prerna and Tanya, while Baa moves to the rhythmic beat of the Bollywood chartbuster Just chill chill. Kashish will enact a dream sequence a la Ashiwarya Rai to Silsila hai chahat ka from Devdas with Sujal joining with Sun jara from Lucky.

It's romance in the air for Sujal and Kashish. Kamal wastes no time in flirting along with some dances by Komolika, Kavya, Anjali and Kesar. The finale includes a special appearance by Jeetendra.
Swetta takes on 10 TV men
   By: Tushar Joshi
   August 31, 2005

She's sexy. She's single and has always been a firebrand when it comes to speaking her mind. The bindaas girl of the small screen, Swetta Keswani is on the top of her game when it comes to fashion and style.

We decided to have Swetta rate 10 attractive guys on television, based on their looks, fashion sense and screen presence.

"I can't do this yaar. These guys are my friends and will kill me when they read it!" she protested initially. But some coaxing and persuasion later, she was talking about "bedroom eyes" and "chocolate-boy" looks. Here's the lowdown on what Swetta thinks about the men on TV…

Vikas Sethi

He's absolutely adorable. Vikas has cute, chocolate-boy, next-door type looks. Even though he's short, he carries himself amazingly. When he comes on screen, you realise how good-looking he is. I like the way he experiments with his looks, and has maintained himself really well. He has a good body.
Rating: 9/10

Hussain

He's a hottie; there's loads of spunk and positive vibes in Hussain. He's definitely a good looker and has a terrific dressing sense on screen, as well as off. When it comes to carrying himself in a party or event, Hussain always does it with style.
Rating: 8/10

Rohit Roy

As Rohit grows older, he's looking younger and fitter. He knows what works for him when it comes to clothes. You see him at a party, and he always stands out. He's a total charmer and knows all the right words. He's sexy and has a good screen presence.
Rating: 8/10

Akashdeep Sehgal

He has an amazing screen presence. Great when it comes to clothes. Has loads of style and panache. Also, what works is the fact that he's a smooth talker, which women dig. He can talk to you and sweep you off your feet. The long hair suits him very well.
Rating: 7/10

Shabbir Ahluwalia

He looks terrific with the long hair and rugged, unkempt look. But if he had to cut his hair and remove the stubble, it would be a disaster. He also needs to fire his designer and get a new wardrobe. He has a good body and should show it off. He should keep the rough-tough look.
Rating: 8 (with the stubble) 3 (without it)

Rajeev Khandelwal

I have seen Rajeev, only in two shows till date. It's too early to rate him, but I think he's way too overrated. We haven't seen other shades of his personality. There was too much of hype around him, and thankfully, it has died down, giving him space to develop and figure out what works for him.
Rating: 7/10

Cezanne Khan

There's no fire in him. He has a charming smile, and a very pleasant personality; he's definitely an attractive man, but the X factor is missing. I think he's very thanda and needs a dose of spunk.
Rating: 6.5/10

Anuj Saxena

Anuj looks very stiff on screen. I think he needs to loosen up a bit and have fun. I think he can carry himself well, but he doesn't open up easily. He has an okay dressing sense.
Rating: 5/10

Hiten Tejwani

He doesn't work for me at all. I don't find him attractive in any sense.

Rating: 4/10

Eijaz Khan

I have interacted with him once on my show, but don't know much about him. Isn't he the new Kavya? I like his eyes; they are very drowsy and romantic. That works for me, but beyond that, there's nothing I can notice.
Rating: 4/10
10 guys who make Swetta drool

1. Johnny Depp
He is the ultimate man a woman could ask for. The intensity, the intelligence and the drop-dead looks — make him a 10/10.

2. Brad Pitt
Eyes and body to die for! A perfect blend of killer looks and awesome personality.

3. Hritik Roshan
Hritik is the only actor in the newer lot who has the makings of a super star. His acting and screen presence is tremendous. Not to forget his body and the way he moves it.

4. Will Smith
Imagine having a guy who can make you laugh the whole day! I have a thing for dark skin, and Will has an amazing body as well.

5. Dino Morea
Dino has the look. He's classy and very presentable. I like the way he carries himself.

6. Saif Ali Khan
He's worked hard to reach where he is today. When it comes to clothes, he always wears the best suits and casuals on screen. I like his smile and spunk.

7. Salman Khan
He lives his life on his own terms and I love that attitude. But he must cover himself more often. I am bored of seeing his waxed chest. Salman is a real sweetheart.

8. George Clooney
You just want to hug him and hold him and keep looking at him for hours. He's very droolable and a giant heartthrob.

9. Matthew McConaughey
He's sizzling sexy. There's this raw sexual energy in him, and the rugged looks definitely work in his favour.

10. Aamir Khan
He's passionate about his work and that's a major turn-on for women — guys who are good at what they do. Aamir's sincerity, his involvement with his projects and his commitment make him a very sexy man.
Rupali Ganguly enters Kkavyanjali
   By: Shaheen Parkar
   August 19, 2005

As Monisha in the immensely watchable Sarabhai v/s Sarabhai (Star One), Rupali Ganguly is on the lookout for freebies and 'buy one, get three offers'. As Gayatri in Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii (Star Plus), she has her set of marital problems. Now, as Mona Mittal in Kkavyanjali (Star Plus), she seeks justice.

Mona Darling

Rupali Gangully takes on her third show, Kkavyanjali, in the role of a lawyer who takes on Kkavya's (Eijaz Khan) case. The actress began shooting for the Balaji daily at a studio at Saki Naka yesterday.

"It's just a few hours that I have started shooting for the show. My character is called Mona Mittal; she is the sister of Yug (Hiten Tejwani). Mona is a lawyer who is fighting for Kkavya (Eijaz Khan) in the divorce case," says Ganguly who will be seen in the customary black robes. "There will be several courtroom scenes as well," she says.

Courthouse drama

Though she is doing three shows, the actress says that "because Kahaani and Kkavyanjali are Balaji productions they manage the dates for both the shows. For Sarabhai I have my fixed dates."

Ganguly, who was earlier seen as Dr Simran in Sanjeevani (Star Plus), feels that as she gets into the mould of Mona, her character and look will be more definitive. "I have just shot for the introductory scenes," she informs.
Eijaz Khan
He plays: Kavya in Star daily Kkavyanjali.
Reel-life situation: The affable hero Kavya gets completely manipulated by his mother's tricks. Nitya (Amrita singh) influences his life so much that she even breaks up his marriage.
Real-life reaction: It's a ridiculous move from any mother. However, unhappy a mother, she cannot let it reflect on her son's well being. We glorify the evil shades in the soap. It's my appeal to all the mothers who watch it to simply view the soap and forget it. Please don't imitate Nitya.
Anjali to divorce Kkavya
   By: Sandipan Dalal
   August 4, 2005

Kavya (Eijaz Khan) and Anjali (Natasha)     
In the coming week, Star prime time drama Kkavyanjali will show Kavya (Eijaz Khan) and Anjali (Natasha) on the verge of splitting.

Slap in the face

The plot resorts to a completely new development where Anjali not only walks out on Kavya, but also slaps him at their wedding anniversary party. What heinous crime did Kavya commit to invite Anjali's wrath?

Kavya has turned suspicious and refuses to accept the child that Anjali is bearing. He tells Anjali that he has come to know about her liaison with Yug (Hiten Tejwani) and thinks the child is his.

Master manipulator

This episode is a culmination of stray incidents manipulated and masterminded by Nitya (Amrita Singh).

Kavya closely follows Anjali to a hotel where she meets Yug for a conference. In the lobby, Anjali is approached by a staffer, who gives her the key of a suite booked in her name (by Nitya).

Anjali says she hasn't made a reservation, but accepts the key and rests in the suite for a while. Kavya finds Yug approaching Anjali's suite and draws his own conclusions.

New characters

The upheaval will have far-reaching consequences and the couple will eventually end in court, seeking divorce. Says Gayatri Gill, creative director of the show, "This drama will reach its climax in the court scene. The show will also mark the entry of new characters during the court scene.
Eijaz Khan, who plays the lead role of Kavya in Kkavyanjali (Star Plus), has a younger brother, Imran, who's also bitten by the TV bug.

Apart from running his own film production company, Stop Block Films, Imran has turned into a choreographer with Kaisa Ye Pyar Hai (Sony), he tells hitList.

Film course

I have always been inclined towards making commercials and short films. I did a filmmaking course in New York, where I made around 25 to 30 documentaries for a friend who was producing a television show. My company also makes ads.

TV item song

Eijaz Khan     
Choreography is something I have always been passionate about. I was roped in at the last minute for Kaisa Ye Pyar Hai, to shoot Josh's (Chetan Hansraj) entry on the show. It was great fun shooting for the serial.

I like to call myself a director of choreography, which means I shoot the song after getting inputs from the creative head. I like to get involved with camera angles as well. The scale on which television is doing songs and sequences is huge. The production is lavish, almost on par with films.

Eijaz and I party hard

I have worked with Eijaz on a couple of short films I made. He isn't reserved and serious, as the media portrays him. We are fun-loving guys, and when we get together, we bring the house down.

As a performer, Eijaz has really matured and evolved from the time he started. He just doesn't like to discuss his private life, and I respect that. His item songs have that extra edge, since he gets so involved in them.

Scripting reality

Currently, I am writing the script for a short film. It is based on reality, written keeping urban audiences in mind. The script should be ready in some time, after which I will start shooting.
Kesar's Nandini in Kkavyanjali
   By: Shaheen Parkar
   July 11, 2005

Nandini Singh     
Nandini Singh, who features in the title role of Kesar in the afternoon saga on Star Plus, will soon be seen in prime time drama Kkavyanjali.

She is slated to play a pivotal role in this much-hyped Balaji show. Her character is described as the one that will cause major upheavals in the track.

Singh, who is yet to begin shooting for Kkavyanjali, confirms that she is taking on another show. "I don't want to divulge too many details at this juncture," she says. "All I can say is, it is a beautiful role, which explores a new facet of acting, something I have not done so far. I loved the character and okayed it immediately."

Adds producer Ekta Kapoor, "Nandini begins shooting in the next few days for Kkavyanjali. She plays an extremely important person in the show. There are grey shades to her character. She will be instrumental in jolting other characters in the show."

As both Kesar and Kkavyanjali are Balaji shows, Singh says she can juggle both dailies with ease and is looking forward to the Kkavyanjali shoot.

Incidentally, this show has her former Kesar co-star Eijaz Khan — with whom she shared cold vibes — playing Kkavya. "There were certain differences but we have sorted it out. We are professionals. There is nothing of that sort now," she explains
Sasha, Kumud to enter Kkavyanjali
   By: Tushar Joshi
   July 2, 2005

MEXICAN WAVE: Chetan Hansraj says he has tried to incorporate a Mexican look in his Kkyavyanjali role, "by keeping a goatee and moustache". We think a sombrero would help too. Wot say, Chetan? Imaging: Dilip Modak        
Next weeks Kkavyanjali (Star Plus) will welcome two strangers to the Nanda household.

Making an entry on the show in cameo roles are Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii's Sasha (Chetan Hansraj) and Kkusum's Kumud (Aashka Goradia).
Hansraj and Goradia will appear in the role of an unmarried couple who have some issues to resolve.

Hansraj will play a character whose screen name will for the first time match his real name as well.

Says Hansraj, "I play the role of a business tycoon called Chetan Hansraj, who is Yug's (Hiten Tejwani) friend. He's not one of those sentimental type guys, and likes to keep things practical. I have tried to incorporate a very Mexican look for this character by keeping a goatee and moustache."

Apart from Kkavyanjali, Hansraj is also set to make an apperance in Sony's Kaisa Ye Pyar Hai as Josh — a rockstar who comes down from UK. "I am very excited about that role as well and am working on deciding what look to give him. Though it's not easy adjusting three different look for three different shows."

Aashka Goradia, who plays Kumud on Kkusum will be seen as Kiran in Kkavyanjali. Goradia says, "Kiran is madly in love with Chetan. She is pregnant with his kid and wants to keep it, but Chetan doesn't want to get married and settle down.

He's more of a freebird. I am Anjali's (Natassha) friend and confide in her what I am going through, though it kind of creates more confusion in the family and adds to her woes. My look on the show is very rich and I am wearing these really fancy sarees. As of now this is just a cameo role, but I don't know about the future track."

As per the track it will be shown that Yug and Anjali decide to help Chetan and Kiran out. But their involvement in this affair causes more trouble.

Nitya (Amrita Singh) overhears Yug and Anjali discuss about the baby and thinks that they are seeing each other. She promptly tells this news to Kkavya (Eijaz Khan) who is jealous of Yug and dislikes Anjali meeting him.
Kiran and Chetan's entry is likely to happen early next week
Kapoor celebrated her 30th birthday on Saturday, ; bash was delayed 'cos bro Tusshar was away      
BIRTHDAY GIRL: Ekta with a tired-looking Narayani Shastri (centre) and Gaurav Chopra     
GIRLFRIENDS: Rakshanda Khan (left) and Ishaa Koppikar     
D'YOU KNOW WHERE THE BAR IS? Raj Zutshi and Irrfan Khan look pleased as punch!     
PANGA MAT LE! Tina Parakh, Ronit Roy (centre) and Chetan Hansraj     
KEN+STAR! Tusshar Kapoor (left) with director Ken Ghosh     
SEEING EYE TO EYE: (l-r) Ken Ghosh with Tusshar Kapoor, Manish Malhotra, Ishaa Koppikar and friends     
OLD AND NEW KKAVYAS: (l-r) Eijaz Khan, Natassha, Rakshak Sawhney with friends      
MEN IN BLACK 'N WHITE: (l-r) Sachin Sharma, Ronit Roy and Sumeet Sachdeva with a friend     
HUM CHHEY: (l-r) Priyanka Mehra, Shoma Anand, Rakhi Tandon, Bhairavi Raichura and Vandana Pathak with a pal     
MAN AND HIS MUSE: Designer Manish Malhotra with Bobby Darling     
UPS! EN DAT PATEL? Upen enjoys being the only man in this huddle
Eijaz takes up action!

Eijaz Khan     
Stunts are not something you see in tele serials. But there's always a first time, right? So soon you're going to see Eijaz 'Kkavya' Khan playing an action-Jackson in the serial Kkavyanjali.

In a Karva Chauth scene being shot, Nitya (Amrita) and Anjali (Natassha) scheme to kill Kkavya (Khan). As planned, Anjali's dupatta catches fire and Kkavya, while trying to save his ladylove, gets engulfed in flames.

Ordinarily, a stuntman would've been summoned for such a scene but Eijaz opted to play with fire himself. He felt that it was an important scene and wanted the right emotions to come through. And so he was 'set on fire' and did an excellent take. Clap clap.