KA Articles Archive - Page 40

Posted: 16 years ago

Courtesy- Mumbai Mirror
Special Thanks - ~*Roshni*~

The prodigal returns

< content=08/19/2007 name=date>

Anita Hassanandani, who went through troubled times with mentor Ekta Kapoor, has now sorted things out and will join the cast of Kyunki…
Back to Section Stories Posted On Sunday, August 19, 2007
Mail this Article Print this Article Rate this Article

Kavita Shyam

Anita Hassanandani
Anita Hassanandani will be making an entry into Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi. The actress took a break from television after Balaji's Kavvyanjali (which continued for two years) and a cameo in Kayamath. She was looking for greener pastures in Bollywood and elsewhere. Apparently, the actress has also patched up with mentor Ekta Kapoor and is looking forward to working with Balaji again. Anita is playing an outsider who eventually comes into the Virani family and falls in love with a Virani. Anita will start shooting from the day after tomorrow and will be on air from next week onwards.

A source reveals, "Anita will play a confident and determined character. Her character is someone who can get what she wants if she id hell bent on getting it. Also, she is someone who believes in living life queen-size all the time. It's a very prominent and important character and will definitely add a lot of spice to the current track. She will be paired opposite Naman Shaw (Nakul). It was Ekta's idea to get her into the show."

Ekta
Anita confirms the news, "Yes I am doing the show. I am going for a narration today. I couldn't do so as I have been very tied up. I will get the details of my character today. All I know is that I am playing a nice, simple and positive character who will enter Naman's life... And thereafter how things change for Naman. I agreed to doing the role as Kyunki… is the No. 1 show. Besides Ekta would definitely have a good character for me in her show or else she wouldn't call me for of it."

When contacted, Vikas Gupta from the creative team of Balaji said, "We have spoken to her, talks are still on and nothing has been finalised yet." 

Anita will be given a different yet traditional look (churidar-kurta look) in the show. Besides Kyunki… Anita is also awaiting the release of Sanjay Gupta's film Dus Kahaniyan.

Posted: 16 years ago
Sings and stings!

just kiss, don't tell: Shveta Salve and Eijaaz Khan

Remember Aamir Khan's smooch with Karisma Kapoor in Raja Hindustani directed by Dharmesh  Darshan?

This time Dharmesh seems all set to repeat the sizzling kiss'a' with TV actors Shveta Salve and Eijaaz Khan in Bhanvraa.

A special item song with Khan and Salve has just been canned. Justifies Darshan, "Bhanvraa is all about aggressive love that sings and stings, it will showcase bold sensuality."

Shveta prefers to be 'tight-lipped' about her kissing scene with her co-star. About her chemistry with Eijaaz she says, "Dharmesh sir enacted the scenes to help us make it look authentic." Okay, part of the plot, eh?

coutesy : Mid-day

Posted: 15 years ago

If you thought that film stars were the only ones who were a lot too specific about what they wanted in life, here's news. Not that Anita Hasnandani throws tantrums. But the petite girl who has done a few odd roles in movies before realising that TV is where she belongs, says that she would rather shop abroad rather than in Mumbai. Though she frequents Atria Mall a tad too often and the Linking Road at suburban Bandra at times, Anita would still prefer branded stores abroad. "It is about the perfect fit," says the actress.

"I like the variety of clothes available abroad, they also fit perfectly," says the actress also known for her proximity to Ekta Kapoor. This pretty lady loves the clothes designed by Manish Malhotra and Reza, who creates all the ensembles that she wears on TV.

www.deccan.com