KA Articles Archive - Page 7

Posted: 18 years ago
Ejaz to do a full monty?

If you thought that only the leading ladies on the small screen were always ready to shed their clothes, think again. Men are equally enthusiastic about doing a striptease act these days.

Or at least that's what Ejaz Khan (Kkavya of the Star daily Kkavyanjali) seemed to suggest while shooting for this week's edition of Weekend Popkorn (Zoom).

A little birdie tells us that Ejaz had very few options of trousers with him and the dude promptly said, "Well then, I guess I should just do the show wearing my shirt without my trousers, that way the TRP's of the show will shoot up automatically!"
balaji stars to do cameo in Kkavyanjali
   By: Tushar Joshi
   June 8, 2005

Ali Hassan with Tassnim Sheikh     
Kkavyanjali (Star Plus) is soon turning into a thriller with Anjali (Natassha) exposing Nitya's (Amrita Singh) evil deeds.

Taking that plot ahead, tonight's episode will feature some of the biggest television stars in a grand musical show where it will be revealed that Nitya was indeed responsible for Mayank's (Ronit Roy) and Pallavi's (Nivedita Bhattacharya) murder.

As per the track, it will be shown that the Mittals and Nandas will be merging their breweries business.

Ali Hassan with Tina Parakh     
To celebrate this occasion, a party will be thrown attended by the likes of Chetan Hansraj (Sasha of Vikas Sethi (Swayam of Kahiin To Hoga), Jassi Kaur (Smriti of K Street Pali Hill), Mansi Verma, Ali Hassan (Aryan of Kahaani), Tasneem Sheikh (Mohini of Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi) and others.

Tauba Tauba from Kaal
Wild and Sexy: Chetan Hansraj with Jassi Kaur     
Among the performances are Ek Hasina Thi from Karz done by Ali Hassan, Tasneem Sheikh and Tina Parakh. Title song of Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam by Chaitanya Chaudhary (Akshat of KTH) and Neha Bamb (Kripa of KYPH).

Chetan Hansraj, Jassi Kaur, Mansi Verma and Vikas Sethi will perform to Tauba Tauba.

During the episode, Anjali, through subtle hints and clues, reveals Nitya's murky past. The host for the evening will be Angad (Mohammed Iqbal Khan) from Kaisa Yeh Pyaar Hai.

Here's a first look at some of the performances at the show
Who says I'm 30? I'm only 25!
   By: Vickey Lalwani
   June 7, 2005

Ekta Kapoor     
How does it feel turning 30?
Are you joking? I'm only 25 (laughs)!

Oh, come on...
You're making me feel so old! I refuse to accept that I've turned 30. I feel that this is the beginning of the end (at this point she's laughing uncontrollably)! People say that they feel awesome when they turn 30. I'm feeling awful. Can we stop the clock and do time transition backwards?

Is the usual party happening at your residence this year too? Or is going to be bigger?
No detailed plans made as yet. But yes, there is a party on June 18. The party will be a combo celebration of my birthday and the success of Kya Kool Hai Hum. We are keeping it later because Tusshar is in Detroit currently. He went for a show and is now on holiday. He will be back on June 16.

Kya Kool defied Sunita Menon's prediction on Koffee with Karan where she ruled out the film's success.
Sunita and I have a karmic connection. I believe we're connected from our last birth. She has been right about most things in my life, so we're above one or two predictions. She says that my real film career will start when I'm 31. The big films that I'm planning now will release when I'm 31 plus. In a way she's right.

Have you asked for a special gift from your parents?
I'm getting my new house. It'll be ready by July.

You're a deeply religious person. Will you ask for something special from the Almighty this year?
My biggest prayer will be that Kkavyanjali becomes No 1 on television. And I want my friends and family to remain healthy. And I want to be a few kilos lesser than I am currently! And I pray that we don't let down the people who have constantly trusted us, like Star, Sony, Sameer Nair, Shailja Kejriwal and Tarun Katial.

What is Balaji Telefilms planning this year?
We want to increase our television market. We have gone regional in the South and now intend to enter the North as well. We will soon have our first show on Star One. And after five years, we're going back into Zee. Some shows on Star and Sony also are getting ready. The next four months involve lots of hard work.

What about marriage and kids?
Que sera sera. What will be will be. Bache honge, shaadi bhi hogi ek din.

Eh?
(Roars with laughter at the fux pas) Reverse the order please. Pehle shaadi hogi, phir bachche honge!

Final salvo. Is Ekta Kapoor going to be less sensitive and less reactive in her 30s?
I have always fought like a bullet. I remember I used to walk very slowly because of my weight but even then if I had to chase, I could fly! But I think I've mellowed down.

[email protected]

What the Queen B is looking forward to…

• Ekta's new home comprises of four storeys. The palatial residence will have space for parties, a steam and sauna facility, an office and a library.

• Come June, Kapoor's popular comedy show, Hum Paanch, will be back on Zee. Ashok Saraf and Shoma Anand play the Mathurs (Anand and Beena). Sudha Chandran will step into the late Priya Tendulkar's role.

• In July, Kapoor will launch Karmic Connection on Star One. The show, based on the X-Files, stars Shabbir Ahluwalia (Rishi of Kahiin To Hoga), Tina Choudhary (of Sssshhh...) and Roshni Chopra.

Ekta's daddy dearest, Jeetendra, talks about his first-born

Jeetendra and Ekta Kapoor     
To me, today Ekta is not 30 but still three years old. No matter how old she gets, she will always remain my baby. I can talk about her for hours.

I remember I was in London when I heard the news that I had a daughter. My friends told me later how my face and ears had turned red with sheer excitement when I heard the news.

Today Ekta has become so big in terms of her achievements and I feel tremendously proud of her.

What can I give her that she doesn't have? I will be giving her blessings, blessings and more blessings for her birthday today and pray for her peace of mind and happiness. May God give her what she truly deserves.

The four of us, Shobha, Ekta, Tusshar and me had planned to go to Tirupati for her birthday but Tusshar is not here. Maybe we will go at a later time.

We will cut a cake tomorrow. The party will be decided by both Tusshar and Ekta as to when they want it.
Kamini to turn tables on Nitya
   By: A hitList Correspondent
   June 4, 2005

DEADLY DADI:
Surekha Sikhri     
The next week of Kkavyanjali (Star Plus) is all set to make life difficult for Nitya (Amrita Singh). With the entry of Surekha Sikhri, who plays Kamini — the paralytic dadi — the coming week will focus on the gradual fall of Nitya.

The creative head for the show said, "In the coming week, Anjali (Natassha) will take on the garb of a revenge-seeker and make sure Nitya pays her dues. It will also be revealed that Nitya was directly responsible for Mayank (Ronit Roy) and Pallavi's (Nivedita Bhattacharya) accident."

Nitya exposed

When Anjali finds out that Kamini is Kavya's (Eijaz Khan) grandmother, she decides to get to the core of the issue and expose Nitya.

"For so long Nitya had been scaring Kavya and harassing him, but now Anjali does the same." With Kamini's help, Anjali will start sending Nitya SMSes about her past and the Mayank-Pallavi accident.

"Since Kamini is paralysed, she cannot talk or move. But she guides Anjali to clues that throw light on what happened in the past. With the use of videotapes, she conjures up images of Mayank being alive
Ask a star: Ali Asgar
   By: A hitList Correspondent
   May 30, 2005

Ali Asgar     
Ali Asgar won the hearts of bhabhis all over by bagging the award of Favourite Devar at the Star Parivaar awards.

He plays Kamal in Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii. The chubby, happy-go-lucky actor fends questions from our readers…

After Kiran, you are the best actor in Kahaani. Your face brings out honesty and innocence. Are you the same in real life?
— Bhoomi
Dear Bhoomi, I am exactly the same off screen and on. That is why whichever roles I have done, there is a hint of Ali in everyone of them. Only then do I take them as I feel comfortable.

Why do you only play second lead? Why don't you play a leading role?
— Sandeep
Dear Sandeep, I am here to act and I love it. As far as a leading role is concerned, I never planned my career in such a way. All I want to do is act. If there is one scene in a serial or a movie where I can leave my mark, I do it. God has been very kind to me and helped me leave my mark.

How did you get into acting? You have been seen in Dongri and Bohri Mohalla area often. Do you have an old home here or do your relatives live here?
— Aijaz
Dear Aijaz, I came into this line accidentally. I used to take part in cultural activities in college. as for South Mumbai, I am very fond of food. I don't drink, smoke, or party; so the next best entertainment is eating. We do go there often to eat, and we also had an old house there, but we shifted.

What is your biggest asset in life? Who is your favourite co-star from Kahaani?
— Dilshad
Dear Dilshad, my favourite co-stars would be Saakshi and Kiran definitely, that is Parvati and Om.

When did you get your first break?
— Shazia
Dear Shazia, Eagle films spotted me playing with some kids. That was long ago. At that time they were casting for Ek Do Teen Char. They told me to come for an audition. At that time there was only DD, no satellite TV. Initially I thought someone was pulling my leg but still I went and I got through the auditions.

Apart from acting in serials and films,what are your interests? Are you as supportive in real life as in Kahaani?
— Aashi
Dear Aashi, right now all my interests are related to my one-year-old baby. When I am not shooting, I am with him. Yes, I am as supportive in real life too.

I am from Pakistan. Would you ever like to come here and can you manage a wife like Pallavi as your real wife?
— Kishmala Khan
Dear Kishmala, I would love to come to Pakistan. And I don't mind Pallavi from Pakistan. Whenever that happens, do tell me. Ha ha!

I am a big fan of your performance as Kamal, which is my favourite character. But why did you leave Kkavyanjali as it was a change from the serious role that you portray now in Kahaani.
— Sana Abdullah
Dear Sana, the track was not working out and also my dates clashed with Kahaani. Most of time I was required for Kahaani, so that was not working out. Right now, Kkavyanjali is emphasising on leads, so there is no scope for this character.

The track has changed and it usually goes on for a few months. As and when they come with this character, I'll come back. As it is I love doing comedy and have been doing it since a very long time.
Eijaz Khan can't stand Kesar

Eijaz Khan left no stone unturned to openly express his dislike for his co-star. But he was not the only one who gave sent such feelers. When other members of the unit also joined him in their dislike for Nandini Singh (Kesar) it was time to get the issue sorted.

He said: I can't stand Kesar. The show has a chance of getting better ratings with a new Kesar. In fact am so annoyed with Nandini that I have to look at her forehead when I act.

She said: This is the first time I am hearing something of this nature. I have no issues whatsoever working with him.
Eijaz Khan who worked in Kkusum, Kkoi Dil Mein Hai and Kesar at the same time

What you see on screen is completely different from the amount of hard work that one puts in.

Most of the scenes we are made to do require lot of physical and mental stamina. It's no joke to do more than one show at a time, it does take its toll on you some time.

The main reason I was fine with walking out of Kahiin To Hoga is because it was burning me out and also my other shows were getting neglected. I would literally live on the sets. The Vanity Fair vans had become like my mobile house.

Yes, doing different roles is a rewarding experience, but it also has
Eijaz and Nandini finally turn friends
   By: Tushar Joshi
   February 25, 2005

BREAKING THE ICE: Nandini Singh (Kesar) and Eijaz Khan (Abhinav Pandey) in Kesar     
The Past

I can't stand Kesar; I hate her. In fact, I have to look at her forehead when I have to do a scene with her." With these words, actor Eijaz Khan went public about his dislike for Kesar co-star Nandini Singh.

Khan, who plays Abhinav Pandey opposite Kesar (Singh), has always been forthright about his views. So when it came to admitting his dispute with his on screen love interest, he bared all to us in an interview a few months ago.

"It's just that I can't deal with her and I have no issues acknowledging it.

She fights with her make-up artist and doesn't let people do their work around the sets. In fact, the only dialogues we have between us are on screen. Off screen, we talk to each other through our assistant director," he told us.

The Present

Time has a way of washing over all negativity, and Khan seems to have finally broken the ice with Singh after eight long months. "We both work on the same show and I think it is required that I talk to her to get things done."

Apparently, it took actual ice to break the proverbial ice between the two.

"A few days ago, we were shooting for this scene on an artificial lake in Film City. It was very cold that night, around 13 degrees or so.

The shot required me to pull Nandini out of the lake and warm her up. I was at least wearing a suit, but poor Nandini was in a flimsy salwar kameez. I really felt bad for her that night."

The Future

Even though he is open to a formal dialogue with Singh, Eijaz still thinks she needs to get her act together. "I think there has been a lot of improvement in her behaviour. Personally, I have nothing against her," said Khan, who is currently busy shooting for Kesar and Kkusum.

What's new with Eijaz Khan

Apparently, he has been offered the role of Anurag and Prerna's son Prem in Kasauti Zindagi Kay.

"Yes that's true, but I still have to work out the details. It's too premature to comment on that yet."

Till then, Khan will probably spend time discovering new facets of his Kesar co-star's charming personality!
600 M & Bs and 320 Archies!

Although you have seen her in Star One's Sarabhai vs Sarabhai, you wouldn't believe she's into reading mystic and philosophical books. But Rupali Ganguly's a mighty deep reader! Kavita Shyam catches up with the vivacious Rupali to find out what fills her bookcases and what she's reading at present.

Rupali Ganguly

What's your favourite book?
Dictionary of Dreams by Gustavo Hindman Miller. I love reading it almost every day. It talks about the different kind of dreams we get. It explains everything in a simple and straightforward manner and it's a good read. Plus, I have about 600 Mills and Boons and 320 Archie comics collected since the time I was a kid.

Which book are you reading now and how did you get to know about it?
I am reading Laws of the Spirit World by Bhavna.
It talks about life after death and the world beyond, and karma.

What exactly draws you to such books?
I like to read such books because they make me reflect on whether we have done any good to the world ever??
Mushtaq Sheikh

Buddy bunch Ekta Kapoor, Natasha (Anjali from Kavyanjali), Ali Hasan (Aryan from Kahani Ghar Ghar Ki), Shabbir Ahluwalia (Rishi from Kahin To Hoga) and Anupam who is a businessman.

Buddy bond Ekta is very busy but whenever we get time, we go for movies. Dinner on the other hand, is staple meeting time. We sit together at the lounge bars and coffee shops of hotels and talk and postmortem films we have just seen. We travel together, like going away for a few days to spend New Year's. We share a common interest in films, television and we share humour and information.

We've all been part of Balaji so that factor is a 24-hour thing. Birthdays are very special. We usher in our birthdays together. We may have parties later in the day, but this group ushers in each birthday together at midnight. The dinner is only for the group.

Buddy buys We exchange things like I Pods, perfumes, clothes, DVDs, books, anything. There's something about being part of a group which makes you laugh, which doesn't care where you are coming from or expects any political correctness from you. This friendship is leak proof and the loyalty factor is amazing.

Buddy backing We are very loyal to each other. It's a very close knit group. If there's any trouble, everyone is there for each other. God has been kind that there hasn't been big trouble but whenever there is any stress, I can call a member of the group and share it