What does money mean?????

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 19 years ago
We all in our life run after money,
Every body want money, money, money!!

Is it really the most imp thing in our life???????

What does money mean to u??????

Is it the most imp thing in life than anything else????????????
interesting topic, Humm!  Well although i wish it wasn't so, money does hold an important place b/c we need it to survive.  By the time, I am fully done my education (under-grad and medical school), I am going to have taken out student loans in excess of $250,000 all of which I'll have to pay back.  Of course when i'm picking a specialty, i'm naturally going to want to do the highest paying one so i can pay off the debt. Also after devoting 8 additional years of my life to intense study, I (as all human beings do) will want to reap the awards of my hard work. When I have a family and kids, it will be part of my responsibility to take care of them and it costs money to do so.  The focus of our society is money and it is unfortunate, but in order to survive you do have to run after it.  However, I do think you reach a point where running after money to survive and live comfortably turns into a harmful obsession. The Enron scandal and Martha Stewart scandal all show how people who are already super rich got greedy and wound up losing it all.  I think we should work hard and provide ourselves with as much comfort as possible, but money should not become the focus of our lives and should not be the basis of obsession.  There are more important things in life which can make up for a lack of money and they are family, relationships, love, etc.
Money plays an important role in our life ...but money can not buy everything ...it can't be greater for me than my family, friends, love....I agree it helps to keep things running but what will be the value of it if i donot have family, friends and loved ones.atleast i won't be able to live with the company of money only..I am not saying that becoming rich  is bad but as anjali said it shouldn't be our only goal.

Originally posted by chocolate

Money plays an important role in our life ...but money can not buy everything ...it can't be greater for me than my family, friends, love....I agree it helps to keep things running but what will be the value of it if i donot have family, friends and loved ones.atleast i won't be able to live with the company of money only..I am not saying that becoming rich  is bad but as anjali said it shouldn't be our only goal.

i agree with u chocolate!!😊

Very interesting topic...

Without getting too philosophical...Its not really about the pieces of paper which circulate in the economy...Its about our wants and needs and the value we place on things. 

In POW camps during WW2, cigarettes were worth more than gold. They were a medium of exchange, a store of value and a unit of a/c (which are the 3 functions of the Fiat money we use today) 

The problem arises when we start getting dissatisfied. We crave for things and that brings us suffering.

Even if you have 10 bucks in your pocket, you may be happier than the person next to you who has a 100...because you are satisfied with life.

Money is important as long as it brings one satisfaction. If you are a multimillionare, but still not happy, then your life is pretty useless.