Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Anashah1980 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
Kahaaniyan Mahabharat ki

NIKHILA PANT

The stories surrounding Ekta Kapoor's mega venture Kahaani Hamaaray Mahaabhaarat Ki seem to be never ending. Now the telecast date of the show has been preponed to the first week of July. As Indrani Mukerjea, founder and CEO, INX Media, says, "Earlier we had declared that it would be going on air by 15th August. And now we believe that we are ready to go air starting the first Monday in July."

The buzz is also that the Ekta's latest blue-eyed boy, Harshad Chopra, has been finally chosen to play the role of Arjun. A highly placed source in Balaji Telefilms reveals, "Talks have been on with him for a very long time now. It has been finalised that Harshad would be playing the part. Since Harshad has become very popular as Prem in Kis Des Mein Hai Mera Dil, he has earned a lot of appreciation in the Balaji camp. It came as no surprise to anyone."

Ekta Kapoor may have finally found her Draupadi in Anita Hassanandani, but she was not the first choice for the role. Even before the competition between Gauri Pradhan and Anita came into the limelight, Gautami Kapoor was approached to play the role. A highly placed source in Ekta's production house reveals, "Gautami politely turned down the offer to play Draupadi. She is miffed with the way Ekta turned around her role in Kyunki… Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahi Thi. Ekta had cast Gautami with much fanfare, but as soon as she made peace with Smriti, Gautami was sidelined and her role turned into a negative character. Gautami has apparently taken this to heart." Well, one can't keep everyone happy. What say, Ekta?

Anashah1980 thumbnail
Finally Ekta has found her Krishna
19 Jun 2008, 0000 hrs IST, VICKEY LALWANI ,TNN

Print EMail Discuss New Bookmark/Share

Save Write to Editor

Ekta Kapoor (TOI Photo) More Pics
Ekta Kapoor is leaving no stone unturned to ensure that her mythological, Kahaani Hamaaray Mahabharat Ki, has a perfect cast. To play the role of Lord Krishna, Ekta ordered that only those kids born on Janmashthami last year could apply.

Not only that, Ekta even ordered seven pundits from different parts of India to match the kundlis (horoscopes) of those kids with Lord Krishna's. The kundli of the child that matched the most with Lord Krishna's bagged the role.

The pundits have been put up in Mumbai and Ekta's company, Balaji Telefilms is bearing the cost of their lodging and boarding.
Says our well-placed source from the industry, "Of course, we have kept the looks of the baby also in mind. The child who has been selected for the role resembles the one-year-old Krishna. Krishna's janam din is going to be shown in a grand style."

When contacted, Ekta confirmed the story. She said, "Yes, it is true. I have assigned my staff to call for pundits who would have to look into the kundlis of all those who applied for baby Krishna's role. We received 150 entries and it was not an easy job."

But why match the kundlis? Ekta explained, "It was necessary that the kid's kundli matched Lord Krishna's. We are talking about God and we can't be anything but authentic. In fact, I am taking special care to see that the kid's attire and accessories like the mor pankh (peacock feather) and sudarshan chakra are also sent by pujaris from various temples of India."

So who is the lucky kid? Ekta revealed, "Well, his name is Krrish . He is from Mumbai. We selected him recently." All for being authentic, eh?

"Who is Roopa Ganguly?" asks Anita!!
by Vidhya Krishnan
Jun 13, 2008, Bangalore

Ekta's Mahabharat is the latest buzz that's catching everybody's fancy. Speculations on which of the favorites would land up with plum roles is a bet that's making rounds. And the latest to make it to the headlines is none other than the main character, Draupadi and essaying the important role is Anita Hassanandani. Vidhya Krishnan caught up the actress, in an elated, yet treading-on-shaky-ground mood to know more about the happenings.

We couldn't resist kick starting the interview with comparing her with Roopa Ganguly and Anita, promptly answered, "Excuse me, but who is Roopa Ganguly?"

She then got comfortable and chatty on essaying the role of Draupadi…

A little nervous, because I can see the industry and the people scrutinizing every move of mine. Though, the shoot hasn't started, people have already started the comparisons. But, mercifully, like my character, I'm strong and I'm learning to weather the storm.

It happened when I was shooting for Fear Factor and out of the blue I got a call from Ekta asking me whether I would play this role and I instantly agreed to it. Since I was busy with the Fear Factor thing, nothing else occurred to me and I just agreed without any thought at that point of time. It hadn't sunk in till a while, but when it did, well, it did knock me out for a while, but then began the thrill. Yes, I'm surprised … I didn't expect to play this kind of a role and that too this early in my career. But, now that the role's in my kitty, I'm working on my style.

The supposed strain between the Ekta's angels – Gauri Pradhan and Anita over the role of Draupadi… Well, there's no point talking about it, because the media is still going to draw its own inferences. Both Gauri and I are good friends, but professionally, we draw the line. As a professional, I know that I've bagged the role and I'm very positive about it. One never gets to experiment with playing such roles and it is definitely going to be a different role for me until date that I have played in my career.

Balaji is my second family and that comfort level always exists.

Preparing for the role is a Herculean task…because I haven't really seen the earlier Mahabharata. And the Hindi is going to be different and I will have to work on that bit. As far as my looks are concerned, I'm working on my hair which needs to grow long and knock off some kilos.
Anashah1980 thumbnail
Ekta has finally found her Draupadi
11 Jun 2008, 0000 hrs IST,TNN
Print EMail Discuss New Bookmark/ShareBookmark / Share

Del.icio.us Google Bookmarks

Facebook Yahoo MyWeb

StumbleUpon Reddit
More   

Save Write to Editor

doweshowbellyad=0;

Anita Hassanandani (TOI photo)
Finally, all speculation over the most important character of Ekta Kapoor's Kahaani Hamaaray Mahabharat Ki are over.

Ekta's blue-eyed girl and close friend, Anita Hassanandani, will be playing the all important character of Draupadi. Apparently, Ekta had a tough time deciding between Anita and Gauri Pradhan, who was also a strong contender for the role. Guess Anita finally won this round!

Our source says, "It was a tough call between Anita and Gauri. However, ultimately, it was Anita who was selected. Anita will be growing her hair for the character and will start shooting soon."

When we asked Ekta Kapoor, she also confirmed that Anita has indeed been finalised to play Draupadi. Anita, meanwhile, is pretty excited about having bagged this role. "I was really excited when Ekta offered me the role. I am obviously thrilled to be part of the show and I will be working on my look as well. I am now waiting for Ekta to give me a detailed narration of the character. I will also be reading the Mahabharata and will take acting tips from there. I will have to grow my hair for the character as well," said she.

The show is scheduled to go on air from August this year.
Anashah1980 thumbnail

Kiran Karmarkar joins Ekta's 'Mahabharat'
June 27th, 2008 - 7:36 pm ICT by IANS - Email This Post

New Delhi, June 27 (IANS) TV actor Kiran Karmarkar, best known as Om of "Kahani Ghar Ghar Kii" (KGGK)", joins the cast of Ekta Kapoor's much-talked about show "Kahani Hamare Mahabharat Ki". He will play King Shantanu in the show, which will be aired on 9X channel.

In the serial, once again Kiran will share the screen space with his co-star Sakshi Tanwar, who will play Ganga, his wife in it.

The versatile actor joins the team of much-admired actors like Ronit Roy, Anita Hassanandani, Rakshanda Khan, Aryan Vaid, Chetan Hansraj, Makarand Deshpande and many other known actors in this mega mythological show.

http://www.thaindian.com/newsportal/entertainment/kiran-karm arkar-joins-ektas-mahabharat_10065253.html

Anashah1980 thumbnail
Ekta Kapoor's Mahabharat on 9x, first look pic

Jun

Ekta Kapoor's Mahabharat on channel 9x will be called "Kahaani Hammaray Mahabharat". Guess what? It is coming to television sooner than expected. It will premiere on July 7 on 9X, from Monday to Thursday at 9 pm

Chetan Hansraj as Bheem and Aryan Vaid as Duryodhan is seen above in promotional picture for this mega Ekta Kapoor serial. Expect to see more Balaji faces in this serial.

With Ekta Kapoor at helm, serial should have cool production values and lot of blaring wooosh background music for which Balaji serials are known for…

Anashah1980 thumbnail
Ekta Kapoor's TV Men build Mahabharat Muscles

Apr

Ekta Kapoor is full busy these days in making "Mahabharat" for 9X. She has assembled all her fav TV Men to star in this Balaji Magnum Opus. Now, she is all set to make Ronit Roy, Hiten and Chetan beefier with more muscle to fit their respective characters in Mahabharat.

She has roped in Prashant (…the guy that gave Shahrukh Khan 6 pack abs in flat 4 months). Prashan gets 2 months to give more muscles to Ekta's men to get ready for Mahabharat.

Watch-out for new age Mahabharat featuring your fav TV men with ripped muscles and toned bodies. Its full Ekta Mahabhar
http://www.nazaraone.com/archives/ekta-kapoors-tv-men-build- mahabharat-muscles/
Anashah1980 thumbnail

Gauri is Draupadi & Hiten is Karan in Mahabharat

May

Ekta Kapoor's magnus opus Mahabharat on channel 9X is in huge planning stage. All the Balaji royalist are being scanned to ascertain who fits where.

Ekta Kapoor's very close and loved real life couple Gauri and Hiten Tejwani seems to be getting in scheme of things.

Buzz is Gauri Tejwani will play Draupadi in Ekta's Mahabharat. Yeah, her look cute and innocent looks should fit the character. Anita Hasnandani was also considered for this role and finally Gauri bagged it.

Gauri's real life hubby Hiten isn't far behind. He plays Karan in this reloaded Mahabharat. He is doing hard work to fit in the character.

Along with Ronit Roy and Chetan Hansraj, he is sweating it out in gym to look beefy in the character. It is not easy being an actor, right guys?

http://www.nazaraone.com/archives/gauri-is-draupadi-hiten-is -karan-in-mahabharat/
Anashah1980 thumbnail
Glam Girl Rakshanda Khan is Mahabharat's AMBA

May

Ekta Kapoor's Mahabharat cast is finally getting settled. Latest to join Mahabharat clan is glam girl Rakshanda Khan.

She plays character of Amba in Ekta Kapoor's Mahabharat. So, why did she chose this role? Here are two reasons -

"…Firstly, I got a chance to work with Ronit Roy again. Ronit plays Bheeshma Pitamah in Mahabharat and I have most of my scenes with him."

OHHK… where is Ronit's wife? Be careful! And Second reason is "… I got a chance to act in a mythological, which doesn't come one's way often." [source Mumbai Mirror]

Yeah, bang on Rakshanda. Manish Malhotra is doing constumes for her.. hope he remembers it is a mythological serial and not a Karan Johar movie!
http://www.nazaraone.com/archives/glam-girl-rakshanda-khan-i s-mahabharats-amba/
Anashah1980 thumbnail
Aryan Vaid Body Cast Duryodhan in Mahabharat

May

Aryan Vaid is one successfull model and not so successfull bollywood actor. Being a model, he has toned body which he has exposed in many B-grade bollywood movies.

While their is no Aryan Vaid bollywood movie worth mentioning, one TV show is. He came into limelight on Sony's Bigg Boss (Indian version of Big Brother).

His constant flirting and love affair with model Anupama Verma on the show was talk of the town. While his bollywood career is going no where, he is headed back to television in a bigg Balaji way…

Courtesy his beefy body he has bageed the role of Duryodhan in Ekta Kapoor's Mahabharat. Another way Aryan Vaid can flaunt his body, hope he learns some acting as well !
http://www.nazaraone.com/archives/aryan-vaid-body-cast-duryo dhan-in-mahabharat/