Users

Frequent Posters

niveditha thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 15 years ago

I don't like the bitchiness in reality shows: Jaya 'Kunti' Bhattacharya
by Vidhya Krishnan
Nov 04, 2008, Bangalore

Jaya Bhattacharya, better known as Payal of 'Kyunki...' on Star Plus, needs no introduction. She has made her presence felt in shows such as 'Zameen Aasman', 'Kahani Hi Jeevan Hai', 'Kammal', 'Kaise Kahoon', 'Koshish- Ek Aasha', 'Smriti' and 'Virasat', to name a few. She plays Kunti in 'Kahaani Hamaaray Mahabharat Ki'.

Jaya gets candid about her role and more in a tte--tte with us.

She starts off with a question, "Well, what I can say about Kunti's character? She is such a well-known character. Anyways, I can just say that Kunti is a flawless, strong woman. I feel very happy to have taken it up.

Why a mythology role for the popular vamp of TV? "Mythology is different and strong in its own way. I have already built my own reputation on television and I have done a lot of characters. I was tired of the tried and tested methods; I felt bored and frustrated and so thought of taking up something fresh.

She goes on and compares the new epic serial with the earlier 'Mahabharat', "The earlier version was completely of a different class. It was done superbly and had no competition. Things are different today and we are in a different time and obviously the audience too is different. Everything has to be done in tune with the taste of the audience of the day including the language, which has to simpler.

About 'Kahaani Hamaaray Mahabharat Ki', she says, "It is sad that people have a negative feel for it. My question is, without watching it, how one could conclude whether a show is good or not. I personally am not like that and would not talk without knowing."

About Ekta Kapoor, "She has worked really hard to make this a big success. And nobody can deny that Balaji has given a lot of work to a lot of people".

On how she grabbed the role: "Mahabharat has a herd of males and there are hardly any roles for females. People know the way I way work and my potential. The role of Kunti was offered to me and I took it up. And if you ask me what made me take it up, the answer is simple. Firstly, I am quite familiar and comfortable with Balaji. Secondly, for the simple reason, Kunti is a simple woman. She is always in white and wears the least amount of jewellery. I could quickly get ready for the shots and it is fun at least for the fact that I don't need to walk around with loads of jewellery for this mytho. I am the happiest and feel lucky to have got to play such a role.

Preparations for her role: "Nothing at all. I was told about my role a day before I started shooting for it. I have read and seen some 'Mahabharat' when I was a kid. I just get into the character, feel it and emote accordingly.

The kind of roles that she likes doing: "I know that I am a good and versatile actor. I have had different things coming my way and at a certain point, I got stagnant and was jobless which really didn't matter to me. I don't have the need to prove my potential. I hardly even watch my shows on television and if I do, it is only a few episodes to understand where I stand. I like to take up roles that are challenging, but if a particular character appeals to me, nothing else matters.

About the difference between small screen and the big screen: "It is not about the choice

I don't know what I would have been if I had not been an actor and I am least bothered about it. Life took its own turn and I landed up here. It was not my choice and it has never mattered to me as to what and where I should be. I personally like doing theatre. I somehow can't ask for roles but they come my way for which I have given my best and got famous. My character is what matters to me and whatever it is, I like to be grounded.

About the daily soaps and reality shows: "I prefer daily soaps; reality shows are not my cup of tea. Reality shows are nice to look at but I don't prefer taking part in it. In such shows, one has to give up his/her principles and I cannot be a cut-throat. And I personally don't need it and am not the kind of person who seeks publicity to become famous. I don't like the bitchiness in these shows and if I were to be a part of such shows, I would rather give my best and leave the rest.

She concludes speaking about her upcoming projects, "Apart from the mytho, I am doing a couple of films, namely, 'Kalpa Vruksh', 'Chal Chale', which will be released next year.

http://www.tellywatch.com/telly_interview/jaya_bhattacharya_kunti/november-04-2008/jaya_bhattacharya_kunti_kahaani_hamaaray_mahabharat_ki.html

niveditha thumbnail

Mental fitness is more important: Sidd Makkar
by Vidhya Krishnan
Nov 07, 2008, Bangalore

My workout regime…
My favourite part of working out is running outdoors; that is the only cardio I do and I don't believe in doing other kind of cardio exercises. I work out five days a week for one hour each day. I do some weights as well and I occasionally do some yoga and play tennis.

My daily diet…
I take normal food and I don't follow any pattern as such. I take four to five small meals everyday and it mostly includes Dal, sabzi, rotis, chicken, fish and so on. I do not take any protein supplements in my diet. My shoot timings are bizarre and it is difficult to stick to a pattern. Anyways I am quite relaxed as far as my diet is concerned and I would be strict, only if it is required and not otherwise.

On a rainy day, my idea of a workout would be...
I would go running in the rain; it does not mean that I will never skip my workout; I will and it depends on my mood especially if I have had a long tiring day. I would make sure to take two days off from my workout every week.

My idea of relaxation...
Staying away from your cell phone, watching a great movie, going out of town with my wife and it is very relaxing to just laze around at home.

Size zero to you is...
I don't know, it is bizarre. It is not at all attractive and makes no sense to me.

I crave for...
I have a sweet tooth and once in while I crave for brownies and chocolates. I also crave to play sports more often.

/> My happiness quotient…
'Live and let live'; everything has to be in moderation and that is the key to a happy lifestyle. I don't like to overdo, be it anything. I don't believe in working out vigorously for very long hours unless it is a profession and requires you to. One must enjoy the work out and being fit is more inside than outside. If a person looks fit outside, it is not necessary that he is. It is more important to be mentally fit than being physically fit.

A lifestyle change I'm trying to make...
I want be a little more organized as far as my work schedule is concerned. I want to be well planned and adjust my shoot schedules to suit my sleep pattern. Of course it has become a lot better but it is not enough.

niveditha thumbnail

I would put on lipstick: Hiten Tejwani
by Vidhya Krishnan
Nov 10, 2008, Bangalore

The Karn of 'Kahaani Hamaaray Mahabharat Ki', Hiten Tejwani, gets candid on his lifestyle…Read on…

I'm attracted to
Cars

I drive...
I own a BMW. As of now, I am happy with it but am hoping soon to buy a SUV.

I'm a gizmo person…
Not really.

My recent purchase…
I am not much into shopping. All that I can remember is that I shopped clothes for Diwali.

I get sweaty and dirty…
Whenever I play and while working out.

I'm definitely a water person…
Yes I am! I love water and swimming but I am not much into water sports.

I just finished reading…
'Prisoner of birth'.

Most treasured moment...
The best is yet to come.

I smile
A good sense of humour makes me smile.

I'm angry and I blow my steam on....
I am a very patient person and I hardly get angry and if I do it is when people lie to me. I generally show out my anger through my body language.

If I woke up one morning and discovered that I had turned into a man…
I would wake up and put on lipstick.

My first crush was in the 9th grade…
Yes it was when I was in my 9th grade; it was on a girl who was in the same building.

I get high on …
If there is happiness all around.

My favorite restaurant would …
'Legacy of China' and 'Mist'.

My last holiday was…
It was last year in Europe with my wife.

Reality show or daily soaps…
A mix of both.

If it was my last day on earth…
I would enjoy to the most and spread happiness around me.

At the moment, I want…
Nothing! I am happy and satisfied with whatever I have.

My all time favorite movie…
'A beautiful mind'.

My weekend is...
To make the most of it by lazing around and chilling out.

Bollywood or small screen
Since I started with the small screen, it is a way to go to Bollywood.

I believe in…
God and nothing beyond.

And my future is…
I want be more successful and famous than what I am today.

http://www.tellywatch.com/telly_columns/hiten_tejwani_karn_column/november-10-2008/hiten_tejwani_karn_column_mahabharat_lifestyle.html

:)
ar78655 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Strike Called Off

After 10 days the producers' strike has finally been called off. And all telly fans can heave a sigh of relief as the production houses will resume filming tonight itself so that fresh episodes can be aired from Monday onwards. We spoke to the vice president of the producer's association Dheeraj Kumar who heads Creative Eye a production house.

"For us the first good news is that the strike has been called off with appropriate decision. There were two worker unions involved in this issue. And now everyone have agreed over two things - job security meaning they will get insurance facilities as well as the fact that they will be under a one month contract which was not the case initially. Earlier they used to loose their jobs in 4-5 days without any notice or anything. However this will not happen after they will sign the contract," informs Dheeraj.

"Second thing is the hike issue. Now we have spoken to them about the current economical situation and they have agreed on a small rise in the percentage of hikes which will be 10 to 15 %," adds Kumar.

"The next issue was that the producers wanted a hike in their contract price from channels as well. So now an agreement has been brought about where they will first reduce their production cost ? like if one episode was taking 3 days to shoot now the production house will try to finish that episode in one and half day so that is how they themselves will not face any burden and they will not ask for more money to broadcasters also."

The shooting for all the shows will start from tomorrow (Thursday November 20, 2008) and the channels will air new episodes from Monday (November 24, 2008).

Link http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2008/November/News_20081119_100
ar78655 thumbnail
Security deposit

Ronit Roy has put his career on hold to up the security quotient of his security forces. He gives us the blue print of his plans

Ronit Roy is deeply perturbed over the terror attacks. He has work at hand and duty to fulfill. He has put his TV assignments on hold to attend to his security agency. "Good security is not heard and seldom seen," said Ronit Roy when we tried to ask him how he intends to upgrade his security outfit.

Ronit believes his job is to protect his clients that include some Bollywood biggies, round the clock."I'm bringing technology from abroad to give our security personnel a training equivalent to the one that our NSGs receive. I am working towards having a task force that will deal with contingencies."

His celebrity clients include Aamir Khan, Hrithik Roshan and Aishwarya Rai. Guarding stars can be a tricky business. "Protecting a VIP is always a tricky business. It depends on the mood and, when and where he/she wants to sign autographs. Risk and threat perception changes from time to time. I have beefed up their security and increased the number of firearms."

Ronit revealed the three-stage training process for the security personnel. The first stage includes a batch of bodyguards to be trained in principles of protection, close combat (unarmed and armed), dress and manner and protection techniques in all circumstances.

Stage two will include training a core team in operational intelligence, risk analysis and risk factors, health and safety, surveillance methods and electronic counter measures, human intelligence collection and analysis, telephonic eavesdropping counter measures.

Ronit said that he could not reveal the third and the last stage "to protect our interests".

Edited by Lubnavaishali - 15 years ago
ar78655 thumbnail

Ronit Roy backs the Mumbai Police

Ronit Roy popularly known as Mihir like all of us is traumatized and upset over the terror attacks that have rocked Mumbai. And while many of us continue to deride and question the authorities, Ronit says he supports the Mumbai Police one hundred percent.

"Mumbai Police is the best police force in the country! They are the most fearless and brave people. It is because of them we are always safe. I agree that they are under equipped but in terms of protection they are very good," says the actor.

Ronit himself owns a security agency called Ace Security and Protection which protects some of the famous Bollywood personalities like Aamir Khan, Hrithik Roshan and Aishwarya Rai. He believes that protecting known faces is very tough as well as challenging task and hence needs to be handled with extra care and responsibility.

Speaking about the concept of improving the security provided to the city, Ronit gives us an example of his company. He says he provides a "three-stage training process to his security personnel."

The first stage includes a group of people who will be trained in the field of protection with all protection techniques. Second stage includes training which solely concentrates on things like operational intelligence, risk factors and analysis, health and safety. The third stage how ever remains unrevealed.

Link http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2008/December/News_20081203_23
niveditha thumbnail
Kasturi's Jatin Shah's dad passes away

Jatin Shah, famous for being Ronak in Kasturi, has lost his father in Bhopal.

The actor rushed home on hearing of the news and we spoke to his friend Ali Merchant for details.

"His father had a heart attack last week," said Ali. Previously his father had not had a major problem with his health, Ali said, but this first attack was very severe. "Jatin was in Mumbai when it happened," said Ali, "he is here alone and his family is in Bhopal." Ali said Jatin was close to his family. "It was a huge shock to him and he left immediately when he heard the bad news," said Ali, "he is still with them." Jatin lived with a joint family there, he said. Ali said he had not been able to go with him when the event happened but "we will surely go and meet him as soon as he comes back."

Jatin got this painful blow in the same week that he got some good news. Over the weekend, he received his first award for acting, for his role in Kasturi in the Indian Telly Awards. Ali received the award on his behalf. Jatin and his girlfriend Priya Bhatija participated in Nach Baliye 4 but were eliminated after three weeks. Jatin debuted in television via Kahaani Ghar Ghar Ki, then he did Kasturi, Mahabharat and many other shows with Balaji.

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2008/December/News_20081223_138

• Sonali Joshi, Hill Road Media
  • Tuesday, December 23, 2008

• niveditha thumbnail

Sad demise of Jatin Shah's dad

The actor's dad recently passed away after he suffered a major heart attack

ar78655 thumbnail
    Ronit's son well after hospitalization

Ronit Roy's son spent some time in hospital with a fever, upsetting the actor.

Little Agastya is only a year old and celebrated his birthday on October 25,2008. "I'm not in the right frame to talk about anything at the moment," Ronit's wife Neelam told us when we called to ask the couple about their New Year's plans, "I will be able to talk only after a couple of days."

Our concerned call to his brother Rohit got a response that brought relief. "It was not serious. Agastya had viral fever and since he is so small, we kept him in hospital for some time for observation," Rohit said, "He was discharged within a day. Now he is back home and recovering."

Naturally, Ronit and his wife Neelam have cancelled all plans to celebrate New Year's day.

The couple have two children: Four year old Aadore (which means love in Bengali) and Agastya, who is named after the famous sage. Ronit also has a daughter from his first marriage. Ona is 12 years old and studies in the US.

Currently Ronit is not on any show on television, but will soon be seen on Ekta's new shows. His last role was as Bhisma in Ekta's Mahabharat.

He also runs a security company.

Link http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2008/December/News_20081230_191