Kahaani Hamaaray Mahaabhaarat Ki

KHMK Articles/Interviews/News Corner - Page 7

ar78655 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
Vastraharan scene would be challenging: Anita

Anita Hassanandani has bagged the coveted role of 'Draupadi' in Ekta Kapoor's Kahaani Hamaaray Mahaabhaarat Ki. We had a chat with her about her role and how she is preparing for it.

How does it feel to be chosen for the role of Draupadi?

I have worked in soaps like Kavyanjali, Kabhi Sautan Kabhi Saheli but playing a Draupadi in Mahaabhaarat is completely different and makes me feel on top of the world. I am very happy to get it and am also excited about it.

According to you what is so special about being "Draupadi"?

It's a powerful and a challenging role especially the 'Vastraharan' scene would be a challenging scene to do.

How excited are you about the role of "Draupadi"?

I am extremely excited that I am doing something that I have never done before. It's completely a different role for me right from the look to the language.

Have you read the book Mahabharat so that you can relate yourself to the character of Draupadi?

I haven't read, but as a part of my homework – I am reading it. Draupadi was one of the most crucial characters in Mahaabhaarat.

How are you preparing yourself to ensure that you will do justice to the role?

As far as the preparations are concerned, from my side I am working on my look. Balaji have roped in the best technicians for Mahaabhaarat. There is Manish Malhotra who is working on the costumes; there are best hair stylists and make-up artists too roped in for the show. I have also started rehearsing for the difficult Hindi dialogues and scenes in advance. So I am sure I will do justice to the role.

How are you working on the makeover required for the role?

My role as 'Draupadi' requires me to have long hair and I have started growing my hair.

What are your expectations from Kahaani Hamaaray Mahaabhaatar Ki?

I am sure it will go great! The way the things are going. The amount of hard work put in for every small thing possible shall pay off.

Link http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2008/July/N ews_20080705_45

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Anashah1980 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
The big guns behind 9X's Kahaani Hamaaray Mahabharat Ki

by Meenakshi Shankar

Jul 05, 2008, Bangalore  

When a new show is unveiled, the first thing that we journo's look for is, 'Which big daddy of the corporate industry' is lending its brand to the show. And if the brands are absent, speculations rule the roost. By some strange force of 'advertising nature' the brands have always supported the non-fiction genres. So, every reality show – be it singing, dancing, unearthing the next big superstar, comedy shows…every show has a brand name attached to it! Be it a cellular company –Idea, Vodafone, Airtel or an FMCG product – Lux, Garnier, etc the brands have taken over the reality segment. No reality showcase is complete without having a brand before the shows name. Vodafone Yeh Hai Jalwa, Idea Fear Factor - Khatron Ke Khiladi, Garnier Nach Baliye...and the list goes on!

Give them a reality showcase – a list of 'singing and dancing' celebrities and you would find a battle between the telecom giants, FMCG majors and the list goes on. It's only the reality segment, which interests them. A close industry sources tells us, "A daily soap which goes on and on does not have ad value for the sponsors as they are bound to live the slot after some time and somebody else comes in as result no body remembers who was sponsoring 6 months ago." Shristi Aarya, of Rose productions says, "The channel owns the copy right and the reality segment is big budget. The cost of the celebrities involved is a big number. And the brands are not interested in the soaps, even though, they have a cult following."

But, 9x has managed to break the earlier tradition of 'sponsoring only the reality segment' because Airtel, Max New York Life, ITC Personal Care are co-sponsors of 9X's Kahaani Hamaaray Mahabharat Ki. Probal Gaanguly, Group Director, Revenue Management, Advertising Sales and New Media, INX Media, said, "Kahaani Hamaaray Mahabharat Ki has been created with the highest production values and on a grandeur and scale never seen before. I am delighted to announce that some of the most prestigious brands such as Airtel, Max New York Life and ITC Personal Care are co-sponsors of this mega epic series."

Ekta Kapoor's much awaited epic mythology will showcase a galaxy of super stars such as Ronit Roy, Sakshi Tanwar, Aryan Vaid, Chetan Hansraj, Akashdeep Saigal, Anita Hassanandani, Rakshanda Khan, Makrand Deshpande and Kiran Karmarkar, along with several others. Shot on High Definition format on a truly epic scale with spectacular sets and in locations such as Ladakh, Jaipur and Wai, 9X's Kahaani Hamaaray Mahabharat Ki has been created with the latest techniques in film production and special effects and promises to be a production for all time and all generations. It will have the same appeal and relevance for life today that it had thousands of years ago.

With the big guns behind Ekta Kapoor's epic, the K' diva is sure walking with a spring in her step. And Indrani and Peter Mukherjee's INX media are strutting their new formed feathers!

http://www.tellywatch.com/Telly_News/9X_Kahaani_Hamaaray_Mah abharat_Ki/July-05-2008/9X_Kahaani_Hamaaray_Mahabharat_Ki.ht ml
Anashah1980 thumbnail
big guns behind 9X's Kahaani Hamaaray Mahabharat Ki

by Meenakshi Shankar

Jul 05, 2008, Bangalore

When a new show is unveiled, the first thing that we journo's look for is, 'Which big daddy of the corporate industry' is lending its brand to the show. And if the brands are absent, speculations rule the roost. By some strange force of 'advertising nature' the brands have always supported the non-fiction genres. So, every reality show – be it singing, dancing, unearthing the next big superstar, comedy shows…every show has a brand name attached to it! Be it a cellular company –Idea, Vodafone, Airtel or an FMCG product – Lux, Garnier, etc the brands have taken over the reality segment. No reality showcase is complete without having a brand before the shows name. Vodafone Yeh Hai Jalwa, Idea Fear Factor - Khatron Ke Khiladi, Garnier Nach Baliye...and the list goes on!

Give them a reality showcase – a list of 'singing and dancing' celebrities and you would find a battle between the telecom giants, FMCG majors and the list goes on. It's only the reality segment, which interests them. A close industry sources tells us, "A daily soap which goes on and on does not have ad value for the sponsors as they are bound to live the slot after some time and somebody else comes in as result no body remembers who was sponsoring 6 months ago." Shristi Aarya, of Rose productions says, "The channel owns the copy right and the reality segment is big budget. The cost of the celebrities involved is a big number. And the brands are not interested in the soaps, even though, they have a cult following."

But, 9x has managed to break the earlier tradition of 'sponsoring only the reality segment' because Airtel, Max New York Life, ITC Personal Care are co-sponsors of 9X's Kahaani Hamaaray Mahabharat Ki. Probal Gaanguly, Group Director, Revenue Management, Advertising Sales and New Media, INX Media, said, "Kahaani Hamaaray Mahabharat Ki has been created with the highest production values and on a grandeur and scale never seen before. I am delighted to announce that some of the most prestigious brands such as Airtel, Max New York Life and ITC Personal Care are co-sponsors of this mega epic series."

Ekta Kapoor's much awaited epic mythology will showcase a galaxy of super stars such as Ronit Roy, Sakshi Tanwar, Aryan Vaid, Chetan Hansraj, Akashdeep Saigal, Anita Hassanandani, Rakshanda Khan, Makrand Deshpande and Kiran Karmarkar, along with several others. Shot on High Definition format on a truly epic scale with spectacular sets and in locations such as Ladakh, Jaipur and Wai, 9X's Kahaani Hamaaray Mahabharat Ki has been created with the latest techniques in film production and special effects and promises to be a production for all time and all generations. It will have the same appeal and relevance for life today that it had thousands of years ago.

With the big guns behind Ekta Kapoor's epic, the K' diva is sure walking with a spring in her step. And Indrani and Peter Mukherjee's INX media are strutting their new formed feathers!

http://www.tellywatch.com/Telly_News/9X_Kahaani_Hamaaray_Mah abharat_Ki/July-05-2008/9X_Kahaani_Hamaaray_Mahabharat_Ki.ht ml
Anashah1980 thumbnail

------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------

Just came across this in Deccan herald web publication. Sorry if its a repost.

Dogged by controversy

Harshad Chopra seems to have a fetish for arguments. No matter which production house he works with, no matter who his co-stars are and no matter what his role is Harshad always manages to end up getting embroiled in some controversy or the other and quits the show.

So it was quite a surprise when Ekta Kapoor chose him for the key role of Arjun in her version of Mahabharat. Sunday Herald managed to speak to the handsome actor before he signed on the dotted line for Mahabharat.

Excerpts from an interview.

Is it true that you are a computer engineer? Why did you choose the uncertain television industry over a cushy job in a software company?
type=text/javascript> mooter_page_section="AdUnit2"; src="http://advantage20.mootermedia.com/p134563076181735593 08/t5/ads.js" type=text/javascript>

Yes, I am a qualified software engineer. I studied software engineering in Pune and was all set for a good job, when I decided to opt for acting. I think it was my passion for acting that made me choose the television industry over a software company.

How did you move to Mumbai?

I hail from Gondia, a place beyond Nagpur and I was an above-average student throughout my school and college days. But I always wanted to do something in the film/television industry. However I realised that staying in Pune, I could not do that, so I shifted to Mumbai in 2005.

Tell us the story behind how you managed your first break.

After coming to Mumbai, I participated in the Grasim Mr India competition and won an award for the best smile. Just after this competition, I got an offer for a role in Zee's popular show 'Mamta'. I played the role of the younger brother of Anand Suryavanshi (the lead protagonist of the serial). I think I got the offer because of my looks which were similar to Anand Suryavanshi! So that is how I got my first break.

After this I worked with 'Left Right Left' first and then 'Ambar Dhara'. In both these serials, my role became extremely popular.

But you also had to quit both these serials under very unpleasant circumstances.

Believe me a lot of it is media hype. While I am not denying that I had certain differences with production houses which led to my quitting the shows, it is not the way the media has reported. In 'Left Right Left', all the actors had differences with the producers over the way the characters were handled and thus a decision was taken to quite en masse. While in 'Ambar Dhara', there was a communication gap between me and the producer and that led to a massive misunderstanding. Thus, I had to move out of the show. In other words, it is not that I fight with my producers and as a result and sacked from all shows.

You are recently being seen as Prem in 'Kish Desh Mein Hai Mera Dil'. Tell us something about it.

Bagging this role was not an easy task! I got selected after eight rounds of audition and look tests.Prem's character is a very intense one and one from the idealistic world. He is good in all aspects and I am sure that in real life you won't come across such a person. But playing this role is also a challenge.

Rumours have it that you are playing Arjun in Ekta Kapoor's 'Mahabharat'. Isn't it too early to play a mythological character?

Nothing is certain as yet since I have not signed the contract. Wait and watch what happens! To answer your second question, I don't think there is any time— early or late— in an actor's life to play any role. It depends completely on how comfortable the actor is with the role. I believe that I should play roles in different genres as early in my career as possible. And that is why, I would consider myself lucky if I am given this role.

Srabanti Chakrabarti

Anashah1980 thumbnail
Contestants list for Kaun Jeetega-Article

Balaji's reality show Kaun Jeetega Bollywood Ka Ticket is set to hit television screens from 6th July at 8:00 pm. The hour long show will give a dream launch-pad to the winning team to do a film which will be jointly produced by Ekta Kapoor's Balaji and Suniel Shetty's Popkorn Entertainment which will be titled Generation Next.

Jordy, Non-Fiction Head, Balaji, says, "The show is commencing from 6th July and will run for a span of 13 weeks, approximately three months. Kaun Jeetega Bollywood Ka Ticket will be hosted by Peeya Rai Chaudhary and Salil Acharya." Salil is currently seen in the Balaji soap Kasturi and Peeya has been a Channel V Veejay.

Contestant Dimple Jhangiani had to opt out of the show as she is doing another Balaji's reality show Kabhie Yaar Kabhie Pyaar on Sony has been replaced by

Mihika Verma. The final celebrity contestants are Naman Shaw, Jay Bhanushali, Mihika Verma, Chetan Hansraj, Panchi Bora, Reshmi Ghosh, Twinkle Bajpai, Akashdeep Saigal, Abigail, Karan Patel, Karishma Tanna and Rajsingh Arora.

Anashah1980 thumbnail
Ejaz and I are very much in love
Anita Hasnandani

Anita Hasnandani is back in action literally. The girl-next-door of Kavyvanjali will soon be seen performing death-defying stunts in Fear Factor – Khatron Ke Khiladi, to be hosted by Akshay Kumar.

There's more action in store for Anita as she plays Draupadi in 9X's Kahaani Hamaaray Mahaabhaarat Ki.. Plus, she has another soap in her kitty.

In an exclusive chat with Tellychakkar, the pretty lass talks about overcoming her fear, Mahabharat and her relation with beau Ejaz. Read on.

What attracted you to Fear Factor? Is it the adventure or Akshay Kumar?

None of these thoughts crept in my mind. I wasn't sure of taking up this show as I kept asking myself whether I'll be able to perform such daredevil acts. But I wouldn't know the answer till I actually tried it myself. Well, that's how I landed in this show.

Isn't it a risk for a beautiful woman to participate in such shows as you might end with injuries to your face and body?

Yes, that threat is always there but life is all about taking risks. You wouldn't succeed without taking risks. This was once in a lifetime opportunity and I couldn't miss it.

Have you overcome all your fears?

Not entirely but I no longer fret at the sight of a cockroach or water. I still don't how to swim. However, after my Fear Factor experience, I've realised the importance of swimming. I will learn it now.

Were you made to face roaches and perform stunts in water?

Yes, there were plenty of water stunts. Fortunately, none of us were made to eat insects or worms. I wasn't the only non-swimmer out there. The atmosphere was such that we dared to do anything.

What kind of stunts did you perform?

We're not supposed to disclose that but I can assure you that each of them were difficult in its own way. I used to break down even before performing. I reckon, amongst all the girls, I was the one who shed the most tears. At the end of the day, it's all about your inner strength. Fortunately, I was able to perform most tasks.

Was Akshay a tough taskmaster?

He didn't blast anyone but he used to get very upset if any of us refused to perform a stunt. He did push us to the brink but kept motivating us at every stage. I was hesitant in putting my hand in a container full of frogs, roaches and other insects. The moment I saw it, I started to weep. However, Akshay grabbed my hand and shoved it in the container.

Akshay himself showed us the way by performing the difficult stunts.

Reality shows aren't complete without any dramatics. Was there any?

Not really. In fact, it was very peaceful out there. This show is not about competing but it's all about overcoming one's fear. We all were too occupied with our own task that there was no time to indulge in any bickering.

How much research have you done on your other show Mahabharat?

I've been reading little bit of Mahabharat. I have picked up few books. It's important to do some work when you playing an important character like Draupadi.

Are you learning Sanskrit?

No, I haven't but I do pay attention to my language. Often, I pick up my script well in advance thus giving myself more time to prepare.

Critics feel that Balaji actors are fit to do saas-bahu roles not an epic like Mahabharat. Comment.

I'm very much aware of this fact. Viewers are accustomed to seeing us in saas-bahu roles. At the end of the day, we've given our best shot and merely hope for the best.

You were supposed to do a comedy show? What happened to that?

Unfortunately, Mahabharat will now consume most of time thereby it's not possible for me to take up other shows. I'll be doing another soap thus it left me with no time for Karlo Sapney Poorey.

Finally, is everything going smoothly between Ejaz and you?

It's always been smooth. I don't know where stories of our break-up emanate from. We are very much in love with each other. However marriage is still far away.

linkin_vonsky thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

MAGNUM OPUS: BT got the five Pandavas and Draupadi of Ekta Kapoor's Kahaani Hamaaray MAHAABHAARAT Ki to pose exclusively for this picture in their full costume. Produced by Balaji Telefilms, the serial starts today at 9 pm on 9X and will be aired every Monday to Thursday. The mythological drama stars Uma Shankar (Yudhistir), Chetan Hansraj (Bheem), Harshad Chopra (Arjun), Deepak Sandhu (Nakul), Jatin Shah (Sahdev) and Anita (Draupadi). The title song for this television epic has been composed by Lalit Sen and sung by Daler Mehndi.

Source: ePaper Times of India

Anashah1980 thumbnail
'You will have to see to believe how nice it is' - Ravee Gupta4
Ravee Gupta, who plays Satyavati in Ekta's Kahaani Humaaray Mahaabhaarat Ki launching on July 7th is all praise for the manner in which the epic has been handled, the outstanding sets and much more...
http://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/article.asp?id=2790
niveditha thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Sneak Peek: Ekta's Mahabharat

Ekta Kapoor's Kahaani Hamaaray Mahabharaat Ki is starting today July 7. Manish Malhotra has given an entirely new and contemporary look to all characters of show. Have look at some of them.

Shakuni (Kali Prasad) has been given a bald look with ivory kind of jewellery and black diamond rings in finger. Mainly black or dark colour has been used for him. Shakuni was also a master in gambling and the advisor of Kuaravs as he was their maternal uncle of them. He was also known as an intelligent politician.

Chetan Hansraj

Bheem (Chetan Hansraj) will be seen in a black dhoti, like other Pandavas. He will not wear jewellery but arm and shoulder designer belts. In the middle of waist he will have a symbol of sun and he has also been given long hair with stubble. The second brother of Pandavas, he is considered as a very powerful character and is known for his supernatural physique.

Sakshi Tanwar

Ganga (Sakshi Tanwar) will be wearing a white saree throughout the show. However, she will have long hair with curls and jewellery of kundan which will go along with her saree. She will also be seen wearing bracelet, armlet, bindi and waist kundan belt. Ganga is the mother of Bheeshma.

Ronit Roy

Bheeshma (Ronit Roy) will be sporting a long haired look with a black studded head gear. He too will be wearing white dhoti with brown waist belt. Across his chest and at the shoulder there is a patta. Ronit has also tattooed Om on his left hand for this role. Bheeshma was the master of all arts and was known for his kindness.

Anita Hasnandani

Draupadi (Anita Hasnandani) will be wearing a red saree which is in contrast to all the Pandavas who will be sporting a black dhoti. Anita is sporting very simple look with only red diamond bangle and ring in the finger. She has tattooed flower on her right shoulder with curly long hair and less make up. Draupadi is one of the strongest women of Mahabharat. At the same time it is said that she is the one responsible for the battle of Kurukshetra.

# Sonali Joshi, Hill Road Media
#      Monday, July 07, 2008
Anashah1980 thumbnail
Sneak Peek: Ekta's Mahabharat

Ekta Kapoor's Kahaani Hamaaray Mahabharaat Ki is starting today July 7. Manish Malhotra has given an entirely new and contemporary look to all characters of show. Have look at some of them.

Shakuni (Kali Prasad) has been given a bald look with ivory kind of jewellery and black diamond rings in finger. Mainly black or dark colour has been used for him. Shakuni was also a master in gambling and the advisor of Kuaravs as he was their maternal uncle of them. He was also known as an intelligent politician.

Bheem (Chetan Hansraj) will be seen in a black dhoti, like other Pandavas. He will not wear jewellery but arm and shoulder designer belts. In the middle of waist he will have a symbol of sun and he has also been given long hair with stubble. The second brother of Pandavas, he is considered as a very powerful character and is known for his supernatural physique.

Ganga (Sakshi Tanwar) will be wearing a white saree throughout the show. However, she will have long hair with curls and jewellery of kundan which will go along with her saree. She will also be seen wearing bracelet, armlet, bindi and waist kundan belt. Ganga is the mother of Bheeshma.

Bheeshma (Ronit Roy) will be sporting a long haired look with a black studded head gear. He too will be wearing white dhoti with brown waist belt. Across his chest and at the shoulder there is a patta. Ronit has also tattooed Om on his left hand for this role. Bheeshma was the master of all arts and was known for his kindness.

Draupadi (Anita Hasnandani) will be wearing a red saree which is in contrast to all the Pandavas who will be sporting a black dhoti. Anita is sporting very simple look with only red diamond bangle and ring in the finger. She has tattooed flower on her right shoulder with curly long hair and less make up. Draupadi is one of the strongest women of Mahabharat. At the same time it is said that she is the one responsible for the battle of Kurukshetra.

Sonali Joshi, Hill Road Media
Monday, July 07, 2008