Computers, Science, Technology

Social bookmarking not so popular why ?

boiler thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
Just in case you haven't heard of any Indian Social bookmarking sites, heres some that I came across:

1.  www.Indianpad.com - seems to be the most popular with very simple design though sometimes it can get a little confusing.

2. www.Rambhai.com - started by some IIM grad, looks good

3. www.YeaWo.com - again a very simple design, seems to be very new, but the thing I like about it is that it also has a forum (though empty) which in the future could be a nice way to interact with people visiting the site.

There are many more but, these are just the few I can remember of the top of my head right now but, none of them seem to be as popular as their counterparts in the west. On the other hand social networking sites like orkut and matrimonial sites seem to be very popular... does this have anything to do with the way Indians use the internet and what we perceive its purpose to be? Edited by boiler - 15 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

avnish12345 thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
Traffic gurus joke that traffic from social bookmarking sites is like an invasion.the crowds pour in and in a day or two they are gone. Unfortunately this is true after your listing rolls from the front page. the drop in traffic is considerable. the have a look at it and then they are gone.

satyam