DOTW: read a book for past 2 months????

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 15 years ago

Hey friends, welcome to another Discussion of the week

This week's dicussion is about readin a book for pas 2 months. And what you will have to dicuss is if u have read any book for past 2 months. And if you did then tell us which one, tell us was it good or worth reading or not good at all. Tell us your experince about the book

Dicuss and Enjoy

Book Talk Dev Team

Edited by Khobsurat_11 - 15 years ago
These are the ones I read in the past 2 months...😊

1. Alchemist: Contrary to the general opinion about the book, I didnt find it that good...😳 It didnt have any plot or story as such... More of philosophically type by Paulo Coelho... Besides, kept repeating the same things... I would probably rate it 6/10

2. Not a Penny More, Not a Penny Less: Wonderful read...😛 Very light and fun as far as the plot goes... Very interesting twists and Jeffrey Archer keeps you glued to it all the time... Certainly worth a read... I would give it a 9/10...

3. The Prodigal Daughter: Its a classic by Jeffrey Archer...👏👏👏 Its certainly the best that I have read till now... Some outstanding character sketches that the author makes to come to life... The book has some very touching moments, at the same time some very interesting turns... Absolutely fabulous... A 10/10 for me...

4. False Impression: Its an interesting book... Probably not the best by Jeffrey Archer, but a good one nevertheless... Somehow keeps you interested in it... I do feel the 9/11 parts were added to it just for the sake of it and didnt have much to do with the story as such... I liked the parts how the Van Gogh keeps traveling throughout the book...😆 I would give it 7/10...

i read Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson just yesterday... it was an engrossing and thrilling read... i'd definitely recommend it to everyone! and then... i forgot the others i read! there were too many to remember! 😆 Edited by chhilt - 15 years ago
I read 'The Memory Keeper's daughter' by Kim Edwards about 2 months ago. It is a very touching book although a tad too boring in between.
Its about a couple; the husband, a doctor, delivers his own twins one stormy night. One of the twins, a boy, is healthy while the other, a girl, is diagnosed with Down's syndrome. The doc decides to put the girl away in an institution and asks his nurse to do it. However she, overcome with compassion, takes a girl to another city and raises her as her own. The mother is devastated over the loss of her girl and is never able to come to terms with it and the father is always haunted by guilt. So its a sort of tragedy for the family but a happy ending for the girl. It also has some small side story related to Caroline, the nurse about how she finds love which is kind of cute. Overall its a very touching story and reduced me to tears at some points while there were other parts that made me cringe. Read it only if the story appeals to you, else you will most likely find it boring!
I've read:

1. Prisoner of Birth: I think is Jeffrey Archer's best work. Though the story makes constant references to Alexandre Dumas's 'Count of Monte Cristo' it isn't that overpowering or intense a revenge saga. But still an excellent read.

2. Two Little Girls in Blue: Another fine thriller by Mary Higgins Clark, here she explores the uncanny connection twins have.

3. World of Psmith: P. G. Wodehouse is one of my absolute favourite authors and Psmith is my favourite character, so this was a fabulous read, very entertaining and an absolute delight.
The collection consists of 3 stories dealing with different phases of Psmith's life. The one I love the most is 'Leave it to Psmith'

I read PS I Love You. Started it long back, but left it midway due to finals and hectic schedule 

Must say, it was a GREAT book. Though the ending was disappointing, overall it was a very touchy book.  Definite page turner...I could not put it down..there were times when it made me cry where as in the next chapter I'd be laughing like anything. So yeah, loved it 😳

ps i love you is extremely powerful and emotional i agree fariha17! ... isn't gerry just the dreamiest husband ever! lol

ive read similar books to ps i love you and some of another genre

a) the other side of the story (marion keyes) :
this book is based on the central characters ..gemma (working in PR and event organiser who recently has been gievn a contract by jo for her book) ..lily (an upsoming wirter whoes fisrt book was bestseller unfortunaly she now has writers block) and jo (book publicist) the book basically underlines how a situation can have varying sides to the smae story and how often being oblivious to one can result in certain conclusions!
i would reccommend this book and give it 7/10

b) anubody out there (marion keyes) :
this book i preferred, it is set aorund anna , a woman who lives with her preantes in dublina nd is recovering form serious injuries the cause of her problems issnt revealed until hafl of the book and once it is it leaves you reeling.. anna is extremely keen on getting back to new york where she evidently resides but her prarents and family who have hectic dramas of there own are unwilling and reluctant as they feel she isnt over 'it' yet..anna howevr cant wait to head back and meet aidan who oddly doesnt want to get in touch...it is only once wyou ahve discovered the underlying reason for his aloof behaviour that leaves you shocked, wheras some scenes make you laugh out loud others make you cry
definite good read paticularly for those of you who love ps i love styled books
9/10

C) the dice man (luke rhineheart)
i bought this book after i read the synopsis and blurb but i must admit it wasnt all that good i suppose the concept was interesting it is based on psyciaterist bored with hsi life and how he makes spontantious decisions based on a dice but once i read the book i realised it wasnt all that, in fact ive never finsihed the book i only maanged to read the first few chapters before i decided i couldnt go on as it was basically killing time and that instead of reading it i should have slept (it would be more productive!)
5/10 (benfit of the doubt for people who enjoy such books)

d) twilight/new moon (stpehenie meyer)
once again everybody seemed to rave on about this book and when my friedn reccommended it (by shoving the book in face until i didnt loan it form the library) i decided id give it a go and must i say im very happy, it genuinely is a very interesting read each character is unique and has avery contagious personality which leaves you wanting more!
8/10

xxxnailaxxx