Kahaani Hamaaray Mahaabhaarat Ki

.:Mahabharat --Help Desk:. - Page 4

shradhu thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
hey can ne1 tell me how did krishna have grand-childern..when dhritrashras' s own wife cursed him that you wont have any heir to follow their generation.. πŸ˜•

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Lord-Mangeshwar thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Shilpa-fan

I am not familiar wid the story of Mahabarat. I did watch the episodes dat r aired so far but I am confused.
1. why did Ganga give Mukti to her 7 sons?
2. Another ques. is why did Ganga ask her husband (I don't remember his name in Mahabarat, his real name is Kiran )not to ask her any ques. & let her do watever she wants to do??? Why he was told not to ask her anything??

I no Ganga explained dese things in the show but I did not get pure hindi. Can sumone help???

I'll try and briefly answer this one πŸ™‚

The 8 sons (including Devavrat) of Ganga Devi were actually 8 Vasus that were cursed to be born in Mrityu-log (Earth). For the Vasu's, life on Earth was a huge punishment.

They had been cursed by the powerful Rishi Vasishta because the Vasus had stolen his divine cow, Nandini. After being cursed, the Vasus apologised to Rashi Vasishta and tried to pacify him. Like with many of the Maha-Rishi's of that era, even Vasishta ji was merciful and he felt sorry for them.

However, it was impossible to totally take back the curse... and so Vasishta ji reduced the effect of the curse by granting the Vasus the boon that each of them would be freed from the curse quickly.

By drowning each Vasu upon his birth, Ganga Devi gave freedom from the curse.

The leader of the Vasus (Dyau), was the only Vasu who had to spend a long time on Earth, because he was the chief culprit behind the plot to steal the sacred cow... and so he was born as Devavrat.

As for the second question, Ganga asked King Shantanu to make that promise, because that was the only way she would be able to free each of the Vasus from the curse. In that time, when Kshtriya's made promises, they stuck by their word to the best of their ability - King Shantanu was no different, and therefore he helplessly watched his 7 children being drowned.

If Shantanu was able to ask questions and protest to anything Ganga Devi did, then there is no way the children would have been freed.

I hope that helped πŸ™‚

God bless.
Edited by RaviMalhotra69 - 15 years ago
Lord-Mangeshwar thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: shradhu

hey can ne1 tell me how did krishna have grand-childern..when dhritrashras' s own wife cursed him that you wont have any heir to follow their generation.. πŸ˜•

I'll have a go at answering this one also! πŸ˜€

Ghandaari had cursed Lord Krishna that his race (the Yadav race) would become extinct, and that is exactly what happened.

The effect of the curse took place when saints came and visited Dwaraka, the youngsters of the city decided to play a daft joke on them. It was said that whatever the saints said, it always came true... and so the youngsters dressed up a boy (I think it was Lord Krishna's son Samba ) as a woman, and asked the rishi's whether the "lady" would give birth to a boy or a girl.

The rishi's got angry and said that the an iron mace would be born, and that it would destroy Yadav clan.

A few days later, the boy really did end up delivering an iron mace. The boys were terrrified and so they went to the Yadu King (I think that King Ugrasena was still the Yadav ruler at the time - not 100% sure though), and the king ordered that the iron be crushed to powder and thrown into the river.

Destiny had it that all of the Yadavs ended up drinking large quantities of alcohol on that river bank, and a drunken brawl errupted, in which they all ended up killing each other - fathers, sons, and brothers all killed each other. Lord Krishna's sons and family all got killed in the carnage.

Lord Krishna and Balrama were the only survivers. Both of them gave up their bodies shortly after... and that was the last of the Yadu race.

And therefore the curse of Dhritarashtra's wife came true, that Lord Krishna's race would be wiped out through violence - therefore no heir.

God bless.
Calvin_Klein thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
@ RaviMalhotra69
Thanks for explianing it to me. Now it makes sense 2 me
atanu_bhaiu thumbnail
frends...i cud nt get 9x....again to my irony,i am not able to open other links except zingshare...so can ne one upload the links of all the episodes on zingshare & post the link here....r8 from begining episode, till date...in datewise fashion
atanu_bhaiu thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: dramaholic

Hey Guys, Could somebody tell me who's weapon is whos. I mean as in the Pandavs, I only know that Arjun had the Bow and Arrow.. What did the others have?

yudisthira--> he was good with spear
Bheema----> mace or "gada"...he was called gadadhari
Arjun--->bow & arrow
NAKul & sahadev---> swords
iuh4u thumbnail
is there any one posting the written updates.....?????? if no.... plz do it.........
caligal916 thumbnail
hi ummmmmmmcan u pliz help me i cant see the videos it doesnt even work and it keeps saying eror in page or something can someone pliz help me
t
noha450 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
i just want it to know if jatin and harshad enter the  show?could yaa plz let me know!!thanks😳
jhansiv thumbnail
I want to know who is playing the role of Gandhari.