Kahaani Hamaaray Mahaabhaarat Ki

About Mahabhart Epic--Post your Queries

Nishtha thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 15 years ago

--MahaBharat The Epic--The Confusion and Queries--

Hello Members,

Some of you might not be aware about the Great Epic and its Story how it started and why the Battle of Kurkhetsra took Place .To solve all your Queries , qestions and Confusion we have a very able team of members who would be more than happy to answers your Question so feel free to post them here under this thread .

Please help and keep forum clean and organised.Rather than opening a Thread asking about the story will have it at one place if you know something feel free to share here  as well😊

Note : This thread wont cater the request/queries regarding the show its purely for the Epic related queries about the show , for others you can check out the Help Desk

Regards

-Nishtha-

-IF Dev Team-

Edited by Nishtha - 15 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Nishtha thumbnail

To start With I want to share the, Indian Map of Mahabhart Era!

STUD_99 thumbnail
WEll im not a hindu so can anyone tell me about the events that led to mahabharat and what happened in the war........... 😳
Nishtha thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: STUD_99

WEll im not a hindu so can anyone tell me about the events that led to mahabharat and what happened in the war........... 😳

oh its a long story an EpicπŸ˜ƒ but i will try my best actually Mahabhart is a story of two brother Dhirtrashtra and Pandu..Dhritrakhtra had 100 sons(two most noted son of his were Duryodhan ,actually his name was Suryadhon but his evil deeds got him this name and Dushasan) while Pandu had 5 brothers (yudhistar, bheem , arjun,nakul and sehdev)

Duruyodhan taken over Pandavas empire by trick and sent them to Jungle for 14 yrs but promised to return the empire when they will return..but later refused ,although they were cousins..so Pandavs announced the war of Kurukhestra  against the Kauravs the war lasted for 18 days all the Kuryavas got killed in the war .

Edited by Nishtha - 15 years ago
Lord-Mangeshwar thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Thank you for the map! πŸ˜ƒ

There is a more detailed map available over HERE

Pretty much all people born into the Kuru family were based in Hastinapur. Off the top of my head, the following important people in the Mahaabhaarat came from the following places (some will be repeats of the ones shown in the map in Nishtha ji's post πŸ˜†).

Shakuni was the king of Gandhara, and so he and his sister Gandhaari were brought up over there.

King Kuntibhoj and Kunti came from the land known as Kunti.

King Shalya and his sister Madri (mother of the youngest two Pandavas) came from Madra.

King Drupad, Drishtadyumna, Draupadi, and Shikhandi were based in Kampilya, South Panchal.

King Virat, his 3 sons (Shwet, Uttar, and Shankha), his wife (Queen Sudeshna), and his daughter (Princess Uttara) were based in Matsya.

Susharma (enemy of the Matsya kingdom) was the king of Trigarta. (He didn't have much to do in the story, except for take part in a battle against Virat, and also the battle Kurukshetra battle).

Karna was made the king of Anga by Duryodhan.

Shishupal was the king of Chedi.

Jayadratha was the king of Sindhu.

Jarasandh was the king of Maghadha.

Amba (who would later be reborn as Shikhandi), Ambalika, and Ambika were princesses of Kaashi/Kasi.

Kansa Mama ruled Mathura until Lord Krishna vanquished him.

And of course, Lord Krishna lived at Dwarka.

On a side note, before the Pandava's set up base in Indraprastha, the place was known as Khandavprastha - it was a complete wreck, and the land was terrible... almost like wasteland. However, upon the request of Lord Krishna, Lord Vishvakarma build a magnificant city upon the land, and the city became so beautiful that it got it's name changed to something more worthy 😊

God bless. Edited by RaviMalhotra69 - 15 years ago
Nishtha thumbnail
Great Jaisel πŸ‘ btw you can call me nish no nishtha jee please πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

yes the name was khandavprastha it was plan of Shukuni to give that non fertile land to Pandavs but they turned it into a heaven and named..Indraprath

Draupadi insulted Duryodhan as he accidently took floor as water she said..Andhe ka beta bhi andha this comment of Draupadi crashed Duryodhan ego and he decided to teach Pandavs a lesson with the help of his mama Shakuni and invited them over a game of Chaupad 😊
*vicky* thumbnail
One thing I have to say is that I hope the serial doesn't end when the Pandavs win the war and Bhishma goes to heaven. I've always wanted to see how they rule the country and deal with their grief, how Arjun follows the Ashwamedh horse, how Krishna's family anf himself go to heaven, and how the Pandavs and Draupadi leave the kingdom to Arjun's grandson Pariksit. πŸ˜‰ I hope Ekta has decided to show this in her interpretation coz I think that will make her show stand out amongst the rest of the variations!
STUD_99 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Nishtha

oh its a long story an EpicπŸ˜ƒ but i will try my best actually Mahabhart is a story of two brother Dhirtrashtra and Pandu..Dhritrakhtra had 100 sons(two most noted son of his were Duryodhan ,actually his name was Suryadhon but his evil deeds got him this name and Dushasan) while Pandu had 5 brothers (yudhistar, bheem , arjun,nakul and sehdev)

Duruyodhan taken over Pandavas empire by trick and sent them to Jungle for 14 yrs but promised to return the empire when they will return..but later refused ,although they were cousins..so Pandavs announced the war of Kurukhestra  against the Kauravs the war lasted for 18 days all the Kuryavas got killed in the war .

thnx for the help yaar πŸ˜›

Lady_Impala thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
well i have afair idea about what mahabharat is all about but what i dont get is how did draupadi became the only wife for the pandavas,as far as i know arjun married her.please help me in this
shruti thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9
This content was originally posted by: fijiana

well i have afair idea about what mahabharat is all about but what i dont get is how did draupadi became the only wife for the pandavas,as far as i know arjun married her.please help me in this

Kunti, mother of the Panavas often advised her sons that they share everything they have (or obtain through Bhiksha i.e. alms) equally amongst themselves. Upon returning home with Draupadi, Arjuna addresses his mother first "Look mother, I have brought Bhiksha (alms)!". Kunti, unmindful of what Arjuna was referring to, unassumingly asked her son to share whatever it is with his brothers. Thus, in order to obey their mother's order all five accepted Draupadi as their wife.