Frequent Posters

Mrs-KaranKundra thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
why does ganga kills those babies????
plz help
LeadNitrate thumbnail
the babies were astabasus.
they under a evils treak decided to steal Nandini, the cow of MAHARSHI VAHSISTH.
Vashsits is a gentle man but seeing the helplessnes of his cow, he cursed them that thye will have to take birth as mortal beings on earth
when they cried at his feet, he said only if they are drowned in Ganga as soon as they are born, their curse will be over.
no one can dare to drwon her new born baby in Ganga
so the Vasus whent to Ganga so taht she will reincarnate herself to be tehir mother
taht is why Gnaga drwoned all her 7 sons
the 8th, DYAU was teh master mind and so Vashistha did not redeeem his suffreing, he was to live teh full life of mortal
hence when Ganga was going to drwon him, Shantanu intervened 😳
akhl thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: nainashah

why does ganga kills those babies????
plz help

There was a king named Mahabhish. Because of his good deeds on Earth, he went to heaven after death. One day, he went to to the abode of Lord Brahma. Many other gods were also there. Goddess Ganga was also there. Because of strong wind, Ganga's dress moved off somewhat. The gods kept their face downward because they did not want to look at Ganga in that condition. But Mahabhish kept gazing at her. Even Ganga was love-stricken by Mahabhish.

At this Brahma got angry and cursed them that they would have to take birth on Earth and marry there.

In the meantime, a group of eight gods called Vasus were wandering in various places with their wives. They came to the hermitage of sage Vashishth. The Vasu Dayu's wife saw the cow Nandini and asked her husband about that cow.

Dayu said, "This is sage Vashishth's cow, Whoever drinks her milk lives for thousands of years and always remains youthful and free from disease."

Dayu's wife said, "There is a very good friend of mine here in this Earth. Take this cow with her calf. I want to give this cow to my friend so that she can drink this cow's milk."

Afraid of sage Vashishth, Dayu did not want to steal the cow. But his wife kept on insisting. Then Dayu and other Vasus stole the cow. At that time Vashisth was not in his hermitage.

After some time Vashisth returned. He did not find the cow Nandini. From his spiritual power, he found out what happened. He said, "Vasus have stolen my cow. I curse that they will be born on Earth."

Vasus begged forgiveness. Then Vashishth said, "Other seven of you will be freed from the curse very quickly but Dayu will have to be on Earth for long. He will be without wife but will be very brave and spiritual."

When Vasus were returning, they saw goddess Ganga on the way. They said, "O goddess, we wish that when we have to take birth on Earth, then we are born as your sons. As soon as we are born, please throw as in Ganges river so that we are freed from the curse."

Ganga agreed.

Mahabhish was born on Earth as Shantanu. Ganga also had taken feminine form and was wandering on Earth. Shantanu and Ganga married. Ganga remembered her promise to the Vasus. Seven Vasus were born as Ganga's son. She drowned each of them in river Ganges to free them from the curse. When the eighth Vasu (Dayu) was born, then Shantanu stopped Ganga from drowning him.

LeadNitrate thumbnail
well explained avinash
very detailed
Mrs-KaranKundra thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: akhl

There was a king named Mahabhish. Because of his good deeds on Earth, he went to heaven after death. One day, he went to to the abode of Lord Brahma. Many other gods were also there. Goddess Ganga was also there. Because of strong wind, Ganga's dress moved off somewhat. The gods kept their face downward because they did not want to look at Ganga in that condition. But Mahabhish kept gazing at her. Even Ganga was love-stricken by Mahabhish.

At this Brahma got angry and cursed them that they would have to take birth on Earth and marry there.

In the meantime, a group of eight gods called Vasus were wandering in various places with their wives. They came to the hermitage of sage Vashishth. The Vasu Dayu's wife saw the cow Nandini and asked her husband about that cow.

Dayu said, "This is sage Vashishth's cow, Whoever drinks her milk lives for thousands of years and always remains youthful and free from disease."

Dayu's wife said, "There is a very good friend of mine here in this Earth. Take this cow with her calf. I want to give this cow to my friend so that she can drink this cow's milk."

Afraid of sage Vashishth, Dayu did not want to steal the cow. But his wife kept on insisting. Then Dayu and other Vasus stole the cow. At that time Vashisth was not in his hermitage.

After some time Vashisth returned. He did not find the cow Nandini. From his spiritual power, he found out what happened. He said, "Vasus have stolen my cow. I curse that they will be born on Earth."

Vasus begged forgiveness. Then Vashishth said, "Other seven of you will be freed from the curse very quickly but Dayu will have to be on Earth for long. He will be without wife but will be very brave and spiritual."

When Vasus were returning, they saw goddess Ganga on the way. They said, "O goddess, we wish that when we have to take birth on Earth, then we are born as your sons. As soon as we are born, please throw as in Ganges river so that we are freed from the curse."

Ganga agreed.

Mahabhish was born on Earth as Shantanu. Ganga also had taken feminine form and was wandering on Earth. Shantanu and Ganga married. Ganga remembered her promise to the Vasus. Seven Vasus were born as Ganga's son. She drowned each of them in river Ganges to free them from the curse. When the eighth Vasu (Dayu) was born, then Shantanu stopped Ganga from drowning him.

omg thanks sooo much.....thanks 4 taking out soooo much time............

thanks

Anurulz thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
bhim does marry fter his marriage to draupadi..it says so in krishnavtar..he marries the younger sister of bhanumati,who was wife of duryodhan..i dnt remember her name rt nw..
bewafa thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
ok i have a question...why did the men always have more than one wife, but a wife only had one husband?
how come polygamy was allowed?
bewafa thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
hey btw guys...

what is the Bhagvad Geeta...from what i can gather in this forum...it is IN the Mahabharat epic? Like Krishna said it?

and Ramayan and Mahabharat are two different stories...which one came first? Or did they happen at the same time? What was the fight between Ram and Ravan called? Coz that was a pretty massive fight right?

And Devaki Maya and Yashoda Maya come in which story?

Ok, really sorry about these stupid questions...lol..but hoping someone will answer them for me.

also the one about polygamy...and how come it is wrong now? Or did the higher up people change the rules...like they did with the Sati thing? Edited by bewafa - 15 years ago
akhl thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: bewafa

what is the Bhagvad Geeta...from what i can gather in this forum...it is IN the Mahabharat epic? Like Krishna said it? [/quote]

Yes, Bhagavad Gita - aptly called song celestial, is a part of Mahabharat. At the beginning of Mahabharat war, Arjun was bewildered when he found that he had to fight against his own kinsmen. Then a dialog ensues between him and Lord Krishna. Lord Krishna very beautifully, in a step by step manner teaches about duty, morality, soul etc.😊 Bhagavad Gita is such a nice book that many non-Hindus also have called it as an amazing book.👏

[quote]and Ramayan and Mahabharat are two different stories...[/quote]

Yes, they are different.

[quote]which one came first? Or did they happen at the same time?[/quote]

Ramayan happened first.

[quote]What was the fight between Ram and Ravan called? Coz that was a pretty massive fight right? [/quote]
Yes, that was a pretty massive fight. No specific name is given to the war. People call it as Ramayan war; war between Ram and Ravan etc.

Please visit the forum of Ramayan serial. This serial is telecast on NDTV Imagine channel.😊

[quote]And Devaki Maya and Yashoda Maya come in which story? [/quote]

In Mahabharat.

Ok, really sorry about these stupid questions...lol..but hoping someone will answer them for me.

also the one about polygamy...and how come it is wrong now? Or did the higher up people change the rules...like they did with the Sati thing?