About Mahabhart Epic--Post your Queries - Page 6

Posted: 15 years ago
Originally posted by *vicky*

One thing I have to say is that I hope the serial doesn't end when the Pandavs win the war and Bhishma goes to heaven. I've always wanted to see how they rule the country and deal with their grief, how Arjun follows the Ashwamedh horse, how Krishna's family anf himself go to heaven, and how the Pandavs and Draupadi leave the kingdom to Arjun's grandson Pariksit. 😉 I hope Ekta has decided to show this in her interpretation coz I think that will make her show stand out amongst the rest of the variations!

id like to see that too!!
ive heard stories abt all that but i could never visualize it and never understood how the went to heaven either!!Confused
Originally posted by bewafa

did radha krishna actually get married? i always thought they never ended up getting married. I thought he was married to Rukmani?

Not that i know, just stuff you learn from movies and serials. lol

krishana and radha never got married!!
the thing is that in radhas last birth she was a great deevotee  of vishnu bhagvaan and as a boon she wanted to get married to him but vishnu bhagvaan said that he cant marry her because hes devoted to laxmi....and he said that in his next avtar shell be his true love

it was something like that...hope im not wrong!!🥰
Let me add here that Krishna's beloved Radha is nowhere mentioned in entire Mahabharat. Of course, Karn's foster mother Radha is mentioned. But Krishna's beloved Radha is not.
yes radha as a metetr of fact is an imagination of BHAKT  saints of later generation, saints who were the prima of BHAKTI MOVEMENT

radha is considered an embodiment of the eternal mortal soul trying to unite with eternal immortal soul
she was first emntioned in  SRIMADBHAWAT

that correct,...bt i want to interfere & made a small correction....Wen the panadavas return to their home, after arjuna winning draupadi at the syamvar...arjuna addresses his mothera as,"LOOk Mother, what have we here today", (obviously trying to tell her about draupadi)...but Kunti misunderstood it to be the "alms"...tell,"whatever u have brought, share among urselves"....
frendz...about radha krisna story,,...we know radha was already a married woman, before she fell in love with lord krishna....
Hi Tannistha,
Radha is not mentioned even in Srimad Bhagavad.
Yes Radha was already married and she was elder than Krishna.
She loved Krishna as a God. There was a spiritual love ðŸ™‚ that existed between them.

Originally posted by bewafa

did radha krishna actually get married? -- YES! They got married. i always thought they never ended up getting married. I thought he was married to Rukmani? He married Rukmani too but its always Radha-Krishna.

Originally posted by akhl

Some books e.g. Brahma-Vaivart Puran say that Krishna married Radha in a forest. Lord Brahma did the role of priest in the marriage. But most of people consider this Puran as later interpolation because lots of things in it differ significantly from older scriptures. So, if we consider older scriptures, then Krishna and Radha did not marry.

In Brahma-Vaivart Puran, Skandh Puran and in even Garg Samhita, its told near Vrindavan, there is a place called BhandirVan where below a big "burgad" tree, Brahmaji Maharaj got Thakur ji and Radha Rani married. The tree is still there if you go to see it! And ofcourse, if one asks the high scholars, they will also tell.
Skandh Puran and Garg Samhita are older than Brahma-Vaivart Puran!
There is also another Granth which not everyone is worthy of reading, not even me for a reason I cant mention here(respects you see) called Kelimal Granth which mentions the above stated.

Originally posted by its me tan

the love of Radha and Krisha(yes you r right he is nutkhat nandalal)  is more spiritual ,  from social point of view it was extramarital, radha was a realive to kridhna by marraige,she was never married to him

some of the queens of Shree krishna worth mentioning are

RUKMINI( HIS MAHARANI) SATYABHAMA, JAMBABATI,

Lol! It was not extra-marital. She was the first one who married him.
These and 5 others were Patranis of Thakur ji!
But first and foremost is always Radharani.

Originally posted by *payal_15*

krishana and radha never got married!!
They got married.
the thing is that in radhas last birth she was a great deevotee of vishnu bhagvaan and as a boon she wanted to get married to him but vishnu bhagvaan said that he cant marry her because hes devoted to laxmi....and he said that in his next avtar shell be his true love
Nono! Vishnu bhagvan and RadhaRani arent related at all in these ways. It wasnt RadhaRani and I too still cant recollect which Goddess was it but I ll try and remember and come back and write incase this is right.
it was something like that...hope im not wrong!!🥰

But if you want to know actually, then we can all read Garg Samhita-Golok Khand to know and understand who RadhaRani is, from where she came, who she worshipped etc.s and who she actually was before coming to Earth. And we will find her related to only one Lord-~Thakur ji! 😳

Let me add here that Krishna's beloved Radha is nowhere mentioned in entire Mahabharat. Of course, Karn's foster mother Radha is mentioned. But Krishna's beloved Radha is not.

hehe! Thats wrong 😊
Mahabharat has 1,25,000 shloks(if its spelt that way). Its the biggest epic of the world written by VedVyas Maharaj ji whose written Bhagvad ji as well. Not written Bhagvad ji but anyways, thats an alltogether different story to tell about Bhagvad ji. All the 18 epics of the world are actually written by him only 😳 How amazing is that!
Within the epic of Mahabhart is Krishna Charitra in which there is mention of RadhaRani.

Originally posted by its me tan

yes radha as a metetr of fact is an imagination of BHAKT saints of later generation, saints who were the prima of BHAKTI MOVEMENT

radha is considered an embodiment of the eternal mortal soul trying to unite with eternal immortal soul
she was first emntioned in SRIMADBHAWAT

Okk...Thats quite a tough thing!
RadhaRani is not an imagination please. Of anyone. Atleast, I hope no-one thinks that she is an imagination.
Your second line is very wrong. I dont know wat RadhaRani as the Goddess means to you but as close as I feel to my Thakur ji and RadhaRani being their bhakt, I understand that even writing this much causes sin. Its totally wrong wat you have written. RadhaRani is much above life and death. I dont know how to explain to you wat you have written but just I would request, if you can explain it to me? Cause I am feeling very disturbed while looking at wat you hve written! I wud really like to undestand the meaning of that line. Please dont take me otherwise or think that I am being rude, I just couldnt get the meaning completely and feeling very 😕 by understanding as much as I cud.
And lastly, RadhaRani was first not mentioned in Bhagvad ji but in
Brahma-Vaivart Puran, after that in Skandh Puran, then in an epic written by Naradji called Narad Panchratra Shastra and then in Bhagvadji.

Originally posted by atanu_bhaiu

frendz...about radha krisna story,,...we know radha was already a married woman, before she fell in love with lord krishna....

From where did you get THAT information? O lol! Can you tell me her husbands name besides Lord Krishna? Do let me know as well. lol!

Hi Tannistha,
Radha is not mentioned even in Srimad Bhagavad.

Then can you tell me where she is mentioned? In Srimad Bhagvad, RadhaRani has been mentioned 18 times in different different places-stories! And its been mentioned in a hidden way.

Originally posted by ppiyu

Yes Radha was already married and she was elder than Krishna.
She loved Krishna as a God. There was a spiritual love ðŸ™‚ that existed between them.

To whom was she married, would you tell me? hehe! She was 1 year elder...And I dunno about spiritual and things but they both loved each other the most and then came anyone else. That too, with only Thakurji having 16,108 Ranis in which there were his 8 Patranis excluding RadhaRani. From where those 16,108 came is also a different story but well, it doesnt need to be mentioned here so I ll leave it 😊
Dear ~angelz~,
From your posts, I can guess that you are a Gaudiya Vaishnav. Nothing wrong in that. But, as you know, Gaudiya Vaishnavas have their own interpretations of scriptures. And there are various other interpretations as well.

You have asked who Radha was married to. Some scriptures say that she was married to Krishna's uncle Vrishbhanu. Of course, Brahm Vaivart Puran says that it was a shadow Radha, who married Vrishbhanu and real Radha married Krishn.

Outside Gaudiya Vaishnavism, majority of schools of faith do not consider Garg Samhita as authentic. And Brahm Vaivart Puran is obviously of much later origin. I have nothing against sage Garg. My own gotra is Garg.😊 It is just that I want to tell about various schools of thought.

You have written that Bhagavatam refers to Radha secretly. But why secretly? One reason is given is that on taking Radha's name, Sukdev would have gone into trans. Do you also subscribe to the same view or some other? If it is the same, then I agree that it is a possibility but not the only possibility. Another possibility is that Radha is not mentioned in Bhagavatam at all. When the name Radha is not clearly mentioned, how can we claim that she is mentioned secretly?

You have written that Krishna Charitra is a part of Mahabharat. No, Krishna Charitra is not a part of Mahabharat. It is written by poet Bankim Chandra Chattopadhyaya.