•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 15 years ago

Hiya everyone,

I'd like to know how is the weather in UK these days?

I live in HK na...so it's never been extremely cold here...

So I need to buy some clothes as I'll be moving to the UK for a few years now.

I need to have an idea how the weather is in summer...winter and so on...

So please give me some idea about that.😳

How much does one wear in winter?

If possible then can you give me answers keeping in mind that I want to know baout Nottingham and Glasgow.....but if you don't have ideas about those 2 cities then give me a general idea about the weather in UK instead.😊

Hope I wasn't confusing.😳

Love,

Sumra

The United Kingdom has a temperate climate, with plentiful rainfall all year round. The temperature varies with the seasons but seldom drops below -10 C (14.0 F) or rises above 35 C (95 F). The prevailing wind is from the southwest, bearing frequent spells of mild and wet weather from the Atlantic Ocean. Eastern parts are most sheltered from this wind and are therefore the driest. Atlantic currents, warmed by the Gulf Stream, bring mild winters, especially in the west, where winters are wet, especially over high ground. Summers are warmest in the south east of England, being closest to the European mainland, and coolest in the north. Snowfall can occur in winter and early spring, though it rarely settles to great depth away from high ground.

Ravi shankar
thx Ravi for giving me a picture of how the weather would be like.... 😊
In winter its normally raining or really cold
you'd have to wear a jumper and jacket/ coat, gloves and scarf 😊

Even in summer now it rains, but ot that cold!
I am an UKian......from London and let me tell you about the weather in full detail.
I used to love snow and often rain when I was little and used to live in India.......but after moving to London, I completely have a loath for snow and rain. Its always snowing and raining here....like right now...... and when the sun actually shine...its like a grand festival over here. Its always so cold here.
Around Nottingham - Its normally sunny or cold and rainy in summer , no snow.
and winter there are big stretches of cold days, windy.. and snows sometimes. atleast twice during winter - most winter morning are frosty though.

Glasgow is colder. more likely to snow. -
but one thing you should always remember is - You cannot be sure about the weather like ever!! (last year - it snowed in easter!!! )
anyways - thats why its called british weather.

have a nice stay in UK. 😛
Edited by ketaki_ry - 15 years ago
Posted: 14 years ago
I hate UK weather it does my head in, its always cold and windy and cloudy and grey, those are the things you see nearly all year round, so im not sure if your a fan of cold weather, if you are then its a great place for you if not then well i guess good luck! lolz!