virgin coconut oil good for health

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 15 years ago

i started taking VCO about 5 months ago after originally buying it for my hair and skin. i just couldn't restrain myself from eating it - and now I am so glad i did!!! i take about one tablespoon a day and use it on my hair and all over my body. before i started taking it i had been having trouble with dry skin and hair and being itchy for years. also my feet were always cold and i had to wear slippers to bed!!! i am 45 and i figured i was just getting old. but after reading about VCO and realizing that all the ladies in my family have some sort of thyroid problems i realized that it was probably helping normalize my thyroid function. now i am hardly ever cold, and my skin doesn't itch and my hair is no longer dry!!! also, i look younger!!! There are many brand available in market but I have been using MeritVCO from excelcombine.com. Virgin coconut oil is good for hypothyroidism, yeast infection, weight loss and for Skin Care

Here is what you should see for an Extra Virgin Coconut Oil:

Colourless and crystal clear.
Light, fresh coconut aroma
Natural Coconut taste
Quick absorption
No oily feel
Very light viscosity

VIRGIN COCONUT OIL BENEFITS

I found the following information from various sources over the internet:

You can take coconut oil both internally or externally. Those who are proponents
of this cure do both. The typical amount to take internally per day is 3 TBSP. It
is recommended that you take 1 TBS with every meal. Coconut Oil apparently gives
an instantaneous energy lift and may help you give up caffeine! Many sports nutrition
bars and drinks include coconut oil for its energizing properties.

Warning: Coconut Oil is contraindicated for those with hypertension / high blood
pressure! But if you suffer from low blood pressure, this is a great remedy for
you.

Lots of research has been done on the subject of Fatty Acids and Monogycerides (found
in coconut oil). Some of the reported cures from research are:

WEIGHT LOSS:
Promotes loss of excess weight by increasing metabolic rate; Is utilized by the
body to produce energy in preference to being stored as body fat like other dietary
fats; Helps prevent obesity and overweight problems;

SKIN/HAIR/BEAUTY
Applied topically helps to form a chemical barrier on the skin to ward of infection;
Reduces symptoms associated the psoriasis, eczema, and dermatitis; Supports the
natural chemical balance of the skin; Softens skin and helps relieve dryness and
flaking; Prevents wrinkles, sagging skin, and age spots; Promotes healthy looking
hair and complexion; Provides protection form damaging effects of ultraviolet radiation form the sun.; Helps control dandruff.

VIRUSES/BACTERIAL INFECTIONS/FUNGUS/PARASITES
Studies have found that coconut oil can kill viruses that cause influenza, herpes,
measles, hepatitis C, SARS, AIDS, and other illnesses. It also kills bacteria that
cause ulcers, throat infections, urinary tract infections, gum disease and cavities,
pneumonia, and gonorrhea, and other diseases; Kills fungi and yeasts that cause
candidiasis, ringworm, athlete's foot, thrush, diaper rash, and other infections;
Expels or kills tapeworms, lice, giardia, and other parasites;

Coconut oil may provide an effective defense against many parasites including giardia.
Like bacteria and fungi, giardia can't stand up against MCFA found in coconut
oil. Research has confirmed the effectiveness of MCFA in destroying giardia and
possibly other protozoa. By using coconut oil every day, you may be able to destroy
giardia. Another possible use for coconut is for the removal of intestinal worms.
In India it has traditionally been used to get rid of tapeworms. In one study it
was reported that treatment with dried coconut, followed by magnesium sulfate (a
laxative), caused ninety percent parasite expulsion after twelve hours. In India
coconut oil is also rubbed into the scalp as a treatment to remove head lice.

CHRONIC FATIGUE
By taking coconut oil daily, you may also be eliminating the possibility of developing food allergies, chronic fatigue, and other related symptoms. If you're currently troubled with these conditions, coconut oil used liberally with meals may provide a source of relief. Because MCFA are quickly absorbed by the tissues and converted into energy it seems logical that those suffering from chronic fatigue would gain a great deal of benefit.

DIGESTION:
Coconut Oil provides a nutritional source of quick energy; Boosts energy and endurance, enhancing physical and athletic performance; Improves digestion and absorption of other nutrients including vitamins, minerals, and amino acids; Improves insulin secretion and utilization of blood glucose; Relieves stress on pancreas and enzyme systems of the body; Reduces symptoms associated with pancreatitis; Helps relieve symptoms and reduce health risks associated with diabetes;

BODY/ORGANS
Coconut Oil reduces problems associated with malabsorption syndrome and cystic fibrosis; Improves calcium and magnesium absorption and supports the development of strong bones and teeth; Helps relieve symptoms associated with gallbladder disease; Relieves symptoms associated with Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis, and stomach ulcers; Improves digestion and bowel function; Relieves pain and irritation caused by hemorrhoids; Reduces inflammation. Supports tissue healing and repair.; Functions as a protective antioxidant; Helps to protect the body from harmful free radicals that promote premature aging and degenerative disease; Helps relieve symptoms associated with chronic fatigue syndrome; Relieves symptoms associated with benign prostatic hyperplasia (prostate enlargement); Reduces epileptic seizures; Helps protect against kidney disease and bladder infections; Dissolves kidney stones; Helps prevent liver disease; Supports thyroid function;

CANCER:
Helps protect the body from breast, colon, and other cancers;

HEART:
Is heart healthy; improves cholesterol ratio reducing risk of heart disease; Protects
arteries from injury that causes atherosclerosis and thus protects against heart
disease;

TEETH:
Helps prevent periodontal disease and tooth decay.

COCONUT OIL FOR POOR CIRCULATION
Do you feel cold much of the time? You might try coconut oil, which is said to increase body temperature (and blood pressure). This is due to the increasing metabolic rate as medium-chain fatty acids of the coconut oil are burned.

CURE FOR ATHELETE'S FEET
The 8% caprylic acid in coconut oil is said to be effective against fungus, and
on skin conditions like planter's warts and athlete's foot.

CURE FOR ROSACEA ( Skin Burn )
Used externally and internally, we read one report on the internet of a 15 year
bout of roscea clearing up within 2 weeks with Coconut Oil!

Posted: 15 years ago
thank you so much for this information..it has been  really valuable to me......i suffer from many of the symptoms metioned here including cold feet , fatigue and am a bit overweight also..can u tell me the exact method of using theis therapy and how u used it etc.