Khwaish

New Article! jatin priya!

DesiPrincess93 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago

The grapevine is abuzz with the talks of Jatin Shah, who plays the character of Raunak in Star Plus' Kasturi, and Priya Bathija aka Afreen of ' Khwaish' going steady for a while now. Though the two actors have been maintaining a good friend tag and not making anything open about their love life but their body language and craving for each other says it all to anyone who cares to observe.

As Priya Bathija says, ' I like everything about Jatin. He respects me and we enjoy each other's company. We are not dating currently, but I don't know what tomorrow holds. I have been in Dubai for the last five months for the shooting of Khwaish and we have not met up, but we are in touch. In Kyunki… I played Mouni Roy's friend as was plump then. After that I lost nine kilos by walking everyday for forty five minutes, I stopped eating rice and oily food and increased intake of water and vegetables.'

Priya Bathija is playing the character of a middle class girl Afreen in Khwaish who shoulders the responsibilities of the household after retirement of her father without worrying about her own future. With this serial Ektaa Kapoor's Balaji Telefilms company will be returning to Sony channel.

i will marry next year-priya

Priya plays the role of Ganga, daughter of Bani and Jay Walia after the show has taken a time leap of 16 years. As soon as Khwaish went off air where she was playing a lead role, she was offered Ganga's role in Kasamh Se. Ecstatic about life she has all the reasons to be happy as her new role has taken off well and she is blissfully in love with her beau Jatin Shah (He acts in the show Kasturi).

Your role in Kasamh Se is extremely different from the one you played in Khwaish. Which one do you enjoy more?

The role of Ganga is more real. I am enjoying it because it is new to me. Ganga has her own priorities; she is a party animal, a brat unlike Afrin of Khwaish who was sacrificing, homely and a quiet girl.

Isn't it true that you were offered a role in Kasamh Se to compensate with the winding up of Khwaish?

No it was not just to compensate. Ekta Kapoor offered me such a nice role in Kasamh Se because she must have seen some potential in me. She knew that I have a capability to do different kind of roles. I won't deny that I was really upset when Khwaish went off air but soon I was offered this new role for which I am very thankful to Ekta Kapoor. I just had to go through a look test for getting this role. I feel Ekta Kapoor was sure about my acting.

How did acting happen?

I was aspiring to be an airhostess and one day when I was watching Telly Awards, I suddenly got interested in acting and wanted to become one of those TV actors. I came to Mumbai from my hometown Nasik to chase my dream. I auditioned for Balaji Telefilms and grabbed a small role in Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi and that is from where my acting career began.

How is it working in Kasamh Se?

So far I have shot only twenty episodes of it. Ram Kapoor and other senior actors from the show are very supportive. It is such a great show. I am extremely lucky to have got a chance to do such a big show. It is an advantage taking up a role in the show which is already popular.

Were your parents comfortable with you choosing acting as a career and staying in Mumbai?

Earlier my father was very apprehensive. It took a lot of time for me to convince him but now he is proud of me. My parents feel thrilled when they see me on screen.

How did you meet your boyfriend?

We first met at a common friend's party. From then on we became friends. That was the time when two of us had just started our careers. We started hanging out together and one day he popped the three words I was waiting for.

How are things going between you and your boyfriend Jatin?

We are seeing each other since one and a half years now and it has been great. He is appreciating my work in Kasamh Se. These days we are so busy that sometimes it gets difficult to find time for each other. Both of us are supportive of each other's work.

Any plans of settling down in marriage?

We are definitely planning to get married. If every thing goes as planned, I will marry next year. Till then, both of us want to concentrate on our careers.

Edited by Sweetsana27 - 15 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

prachi and neev thumbnail
i like their couple .
BabyStone thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Thanks for the article. I wish the all the best in their career and their lives together.